Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I think the Apple is a cult thing is a little too far. That's just...stupid. I don't like the way Apple does it's business or anything, but I wouldn't say their fanboys are a "cult". I still think they're generally annoying as fuck, but all fanboys are.

That said, I'm sure Apple would just pay a license fee or maybe just change the clock, it's not like it's super important or that hard to do.

Reactions: 1 person

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Not that I want to be cought in a "Samsung vs. Apple" argument, but do note that "Galaxy Cameras" actually do have camera optics and a camera-like build. The iPhone has a plain-old smartphone camera. :P
Well you should have been more clear :P

I don't want to touch that argument with a ten foot pole either, I just wanted an example of a phone with a decent camera, and that model just happened to be the first that came to mind. Nokia had some pretty good cameras, and Sony Ericsson's Cyber-shot line was pretty good. While it's true that an average phone is still way inferior to an average digital camera, your post was just too open to overkill (mis)interpretation to just let slide :ha:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well you should have been more clear :P

I don't want to touch that argument with a ten foot pole either, I just wanted an example of a phone with a decent camera, and that model just happened to be the first that came to mind. Nokia had some pretty good cameras, and Sony Ericsson's Cyber-shot line was pretty good. While it's true that an average phone is still way inferior to an average digital camera, your post was just too open to overkill (mis)interpretation to just let slide :ha:
Well then, to be perfectly clear about this and avoid any overkill further misinterpretation, I implied that regardless of how many "megapixels" a camera matrix "has", the small physical size of the matrix and the lack of proper optics on *most* cellphone and smartphone-mounted cameras, coupled with the lack of any optical zoom capability or a poor one, makes them inferior to most digital cameras, regardless of whether the phone has some photo editing software built-in or not. How's that? :P

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I think most of the problem is the fucking near religious fervour with which the Apple fans greet every announcement from the Secret Undersea Volcano Headquarters.
It's beyond retarded and really quite scary. None of the other fanboys (Sony, Micro$oft or Nintendo for example) come close.

Apple is becoming a cult.

Kinda like apple haters are becoming cult. You guys are on apple like flies on shit. Im an apple fanboy and i dont even care as much as you people do. And fyi. Pretty much the whole financial world awaits for apple announcements not just fanboys

Infact i get most of my news from this site attention to apple details. Im waiting for anti apple songs to be composed. Maybe an anti apple uniform and maybe a burning basket of apples in my lawn
So being anti apple is bad now?

Because apparently it's a good thing to support the corporate bully who likes to steal things from others and then sues them for inventing it first, yes it must be nice to support the people who love to bully everyone because bullying is reasonable when your part of its icult.

Reactions: 2 people

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
/watches the Simpsons episode spoofing the Apple Cult thing and chuckles

PS. The only things I truly hate in life (having a little more experience of it than most of you :P ) are bullies and hypocrites. I personally couldn't give a rat's ass about "this brand" vs "that brand". Just in case anyone thought I was being the world's oldest fanboy (fangrandad ?)

Reactions: 1 person

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is, Apple comes under both labels of bully and hypocrite, particularly regarding their numerous lawsuits based on generic features and their uses of similar practices in turn.

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning