Say Yes! - Yes Man

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've decided to say YES to most of the things that I normally wouldnt do... After watching Yes Man - starting Jim Carey (dont know if it has 2 r's or 1 :S) Has anyone else tried? I acutally have been having good days saying YES to most of the things.
smileipb2.png

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Actually... YES!
tongue.gif
That movie changed my life. For some time now I've been feeling this urge to move forward in my life, but lacked the motivation to do so. I knew it was time to get back in the game, but that final push just hadn't occurred. That is until I saw Yes Man. It was a culmination of right time/right place events, but Yes Man was that penultimate nudge.

Regardless of if you care for it as a comedy or a film (which I do), it still has a powerful message. As a certain character states within the movie "You are dead. If you say no to life... then you are dead". I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist. Saying yes to opportunity works, and it works well. Much like Jim Carey's character for far too long if I had been invited to some sort of a party or event I'd generally say "Uhhh... maybe...", which, consciously or subconsciously always meant no...

However after adopting this philosophy my life couldn't be more different. Almost all of the negative aspects of my previous lifestyle were eliminated within a matter of days. I said no to life and opportunity and wondered why I was moderately miserable. After saying yes, that has all changed. I've never felt more alive! Want to go for a walk? Sure. Want to go to a concert? Sounds good. Want to go skydiving? Hell yes! Want to take advantage of life and all of the wonders it offers? Yes, man.

A word of caution, however. It needs to be done in moderation. The film itself states as much eventually. Blatantly saying yes to every request is never a good idea. It's not about mindlessly saying "Yes!" to everything, but rather about seeing an opportunity and seizing it in a way you may not have been able to before. Use common sense. If you do that, it can be truly, absolutely and unequivocally freeing.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I watched it with a friend. It wasn't bad. Better than I expected. I've always been a positive person so, it didn't affect me much.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Ace Gunman said:
I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist. Saying yes to opportunity works, and it works well. Much like Jim Carey's character for far too long if I had been invited to some sort of a party or event I'd generally say "Uhhh... maybe...", which, consciously or subconsciously always meant no...

Yeah I have that same problem, I need to work on that.

Maybe usually means no for me.

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ace Gunman said:
Actually... YES!
tongue.gif
That movie changed my life. For some time now I've been feeling this urge to move forward in my life, but lacked the motivation to do so. I knew it was time to get back in the game, but that final push just hadn't occurred. That is until I saw Yes Man. It was a culmination of right time/right place events, but Yes Man was that penultimate nudge.

Regardless of if you care for it as a comedy or a film (which I do), it still has a powerful message. As a certain character states within the movie "You are dead. If you say no to life... then you are dead". I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist. Saying yes to opportunity works, and it works well. Much like Jim Carey's character for far too long if I had been invited to some sort of a party or event I'd generally say "Uhhh... maybe...", which, consciously or subconsciously always meant no...

However after adopting this philosophy my life couldn't be more different. Almost all of the negative aspects of my previous lifestyle were eliminated within a matter of days. I said no to life and opportunity and wondered why I was moderately miserable. After saying yes, that has all changed. I've never felt more alive! Want to go for a walk? Sure. Want to go to a concert? Sounds good. Want to go skydiving? Hell yes! Want to take advantage of life and all of the wonders it offers? Yes, man.

A word of caution, however. It needs to be done in moderation. The film itself states as much eventually. Blatantly saying yes to every request is never a good idea. It's not about mindlessly saying "Yes!" to everything, but rather about seeing an opportunity and seizing it in a way you may not have been able to before. Use common sense. If you do that, it can be truly, absolutely and unequivocally freeing.
O.O Never had an Admin post in any of my topics, I feel so honored lol!

Edit: I also agree with what you said, it also has changed my life a little bit cause I'm one of those guys that have "Fun" all the time
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended