Status
Not open for further replies.

MostlyUnharmful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Seems like it's finally time to say goodbye to SaveWizard and embrace the PS4 Save Mounter, at least for people with an exploitable PS4.

According to ChendoChap the program allows to mount save data in read/write mode and, what everyone is waiting for
  • make decrypted copies of saves
  • replace saves with modified ones
  • replace save files with someone else's save files

I'm only reporting the first few lines of the thread above on *modsnip*, I didn't tried it myself.

Link: https://github.com/ChendoChap/Playstation-4-Save-Mounter

MostlyUnharmful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I posted this the other day :P

Save wizard monopolises on the fact it works on all firmwares, as they have keys...

When we gonna get someone here into decapping?

Damn, I missed your post. ^__^;

A few days ago I was looking about differential power analysis...

Reactions: KiiWii

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, now I may have to invest in a 2nd PS4. I had to play RDR 2 so the one I have is on 6.0.

Sparkss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had read about this earlier on another forum. It is a good solution, although a bit cumbersome, IMO, compared to the save wizard, but then again it is free, so that is a huge plus.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had read about this earlier on another forum. It is a good solution, although a bit cumbersome, IMO, compared to the save wizard, but then again it is free, so that is a huge plus.

Anything that takes from the hands that keep information (decapping and keys) from us and then charges us for it is a good thing.

I understand the economy behind it, and its great someone managed to extract the info they needed, but sharing is caring :P

Reactions: Sparkss

Fleure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Has anyone tried re-signing a save file with this? Can anyone confirm it works? It's supposed to be the biggest release recently and no enthusiasm surrounding it on the forums. Also, a user-friendly guide would be nice.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Can this be used to decrypt a save game from a disc-based game, and then use that save game with a dump of that game?

Because from what I understand, FPKG save games are not compatible with disc save games and will say that it's corrupted or something when trying to load one.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can this be used to decrypt a save game from a disc-based game, and then use that save game with a dump of that game?

Because from what I understand, FPKG save games are not compatible with disc save games and will say that it's corrupted or something when trying to load one.
Fpkg and Disc save games are compatible with each other if the game has been dumped correctly (keystone from disc injected into the Fpkg)

See the section 'HOW TO USE LEGIT SAVES ON FPKG GAMES' on the guide page, here.

D

Deleted-369620

I asked the developer and he told me that
* you don't need to 'resign' saves because you only need to replace the mounted save files (not the files in sce_sys)

* The 'find my playstation' button doesn't always work, you can manually enter your ip in the input box.

* You also need to use the latest ps4 debug payload, not the one that's on that public dns server because that one hasn't been updated in months.

* sometimes games also use their own user detection stuff, this means that you need to edit the save for it to load on another account, (checksums, account id, ...)

this is the official repository:
https://github.com/ChendoChap/Playstation-4-Save-Mounter

Dakilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've been reading a bunch of posts and stuff about this but I still can't be sure about a question that I have so I'm hoping someone can help me here :)

Here's what I want :
- I have a Jump Force Beta Save File which, naturally, was created on a 6.0 "legit" ps4.
I want to get that save file, decrypt it on my "(non)legit" xD PS4 and retrieve it again to see its contents! (as far as I understood I cannot use it again on my 6.0 so at least I'll settle with decryption for now)

Now my question is :
From what I read, at some point you have to turn on a game on your hacked PS4, what I didn't understand is if it can be ANY game for any save or you need to boot the specific game for the specific save you want ... If it's the latter then naturally what I want to do would be impossible because I can't boot a 6.0 game.
But even if it's the former I don't know if that would work considering the save is from, again, a 6.0 game

What are my options? Can I do what a I want with this?

IceBlazeWinters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would this work with ps4 games played on a ps5?

i'm trying to find ways to boost my sao lycoris save, don't want to grind out 90 levels

i'd rather not grind for materials or cube tickets as well, but i don't know if there's an inventory cheat as well

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would this work with ps4 games played on a ps5?

i'm trying to find ways to boost my sao lycoris save, don't want to grind out 90 levels

i'd rather not grind for materials or cube tickets as well, but i don't know if there's an inventory cheat as well

Why it won't work, it is still a PS4 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it