Saw V

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by JPH, Oct 25, 2008.

Oct 25, 2008

Saw V by JPH at 7:13 AM (1,233 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Be careful, you'll probably find some spoilers in this thread - however, I'll hold off from revealing any.

Blog-like crap:
    First of all, I was really hyped up to go see it.
    I've never seen a Saw movie in theater - I couldn't wait.
    Well, me and my friends sneaked in (none of us were 17, except one guy, but he could only buy one ticket for himself).
    I played it cool and walked straight in - none of the supervisor people stopped me.
    At that point I was ready to see some good ol' gory action and wanted the movie to start that moment.

Anywho, my opinion:
    It was very disappointing.
    The "traps" were not as clever as the past ones, the twists were weak - and it generally just didn't live up to the previous movies in the series' standards.
    There was more story unveiling than good gruesome parts, I mean, sure it's cool to see how everything works out - but that's not the reason anyone bought a ticket to see the movie.
    The ending was surprising, however not in that "I'm shocked and in awe" surprise - the shitty surprise.
    I'm not saying it's a bad movie - but it's just not as good as the other ones, and I wish I would have waited for this to come on DVD instead.

Anyone else watch it? Your opinions?

2. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    why, you didn't pay to see it and pirating it would have taken time to D/L. what upside would there be to seeing it on dvd

3. DarkRey

Member DarkRey still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!

Croatia
    ^agreed with the above post.
    nowdays horror movies are not really horror, they are funny as hell. XD

on-topic
    i didnt watch it yet

4. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Off-topic, however I will say I payed for a ticket (for the George W. Bush movie) just in case I got caught - so all they would do is throw me out the theater room and tell me to go to the other movie I payed for.

Besides, it doesn't take very long to download movies, usually. [​IMG]

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Fount it to be fairly bad, and not in an entertaining way like some "horror" films, in fact I wouldn't really call this horror, more like a thriller. The actor playing the agent in the film was just so atrocious it was funny.

I only went to see it because there was nothing else on and I was really bored. I did really like the first Saw film, despite its flaws and the rest in the series were just meh at best but this one is easily the worst of the lot.

Avoid it.

6. cardyology

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I've only ever watched the original saw in the cinema when it came out over here. I expected crap but I was plesantly surprised tbh.....

It was nice & gory & really dark & horrid which I love .... the leg-sawing scene at the end was awesome....

But because of this, I've never watched Saw 2,3,4 or 5. - I'm convinced the crappy sequels will ruin the firstr one for me. I never though it would have 4 sequels.

Saw is on Channel 4 tonight in the UK & then Saw 2 is on tomorrow.

I'll probably watch them both. [​IMG]

7. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Never seen Saw, any of them. No real need to, honestly.

But hey, lift your mugs in triumph gentlemen! In five years, we'll have our precious Saw X. [​IMG]

8. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    I saw Saw 1 and 2. I haven't seen any other one. The first one is still always going to be the best in my opinion its one of my favorite movies of all time.

9. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Ugh... honestly, I want to see it, but I'm kind of afraid to. I heard some of the Saw movies are really gruesome... I watched Saw 1 and Saw 2, but they were aired on TV... so I'm sure extremely gruesome bits were removed.

10. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    First and second were OK....actually, I liked them.....third was kinda bad, but forth was such a big mess, that I didn't actually get the whole movie with all those flashbacks....Didn't actually like third and forth..
    I'm going to movies to watch this one too, but just because it's more like a tradition with my friends, I'm not THAT interested in it..

11. Dio

Member Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

United States
    Agreed, the first one was the only good one. Just reading the plot summaries of 2, 3 and 4 made them sound really bad. It's like there's no point with that girl running around killing everyone.

12. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Saw 5? Didn't 1 just come out like, 3 years ago? I need to get into the movie business.

13. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Saw 1: Cool!
    Saw 2: Still pretty cool!
    Saw 3: This is ok.
    Saw 4: Oh jesus, what the hell?
    Saw 5: BLAAAAAAARGH.