Hacking SAVs onto Legit Cartridges?

Kolroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to put hacked SAVs onto my some of my Legit games, mainly Pokemon Diamond and Final Fantasy III?

I've done some on Pokemon Diamond before via Pokesav but does the same work for an entire Save?
This would be much easier if anyone knows how to convert SAV into XML, for use with my ARDS.

If it helps I've got an M3DS Real too.

Thanks,

Kolroc

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kolroc said:
I have a DS Browser Expansion Pack if that will work...

Please could you run me through how I'm supposed to do this Maikel?

AFAIK, the DS Browser memory expansion is useless for anything other than the DS Browser. Then, again most say the DS Browser is useless, making its memory expansion even less useful if that's possible.

If you don't have a 3-in-1 or its equivalent and you don't want to get one (or can't) then WiFi is your best choice. But in my experience, it's slower, ties you to your computer (you need a PC as part of a DS-PC client-server arrangement) and the configuration is tricky to get right. If you're experienced with setting up a server application on a PC and troubleshooting it, then this is a cheap way to go. If you can afford to buy and wait for a 3-in-1, then do that. It's much easier.

If you want to try the WiFi route, here's a guide for how to do it. This thread is on the Team Cyclops (CycloDS Evolution) forum, but these instructions apply to any slot 1 flashcart.
Tutorial: How to back up your retail DS game saves. (Difficulty: Hard)

Or here, Shane R. Monroe explains how to do it with Rudolph's WiFi Tool:
Backing up a Nintendo DS Game Cartridge using Wifi

His instructions are specific to transferring a copy of the ROM (not the savegame file) to the PC via WiFi, but Rudolph's WiFi tool gives you the option of both.

However if you have a 3-in-1, then it's all done on the DS itself. There's some swapping of your Slot 1 flashcart and the commercial cart, but you'd have to do that with the WiFi method too.

Again, Shane R. Monroe has a well written guide for how to back up the ROM file using the 3-in-1, but doesn't show the backup or restore of the save file. In simplest terms, backing up the save file is similar to backing up the ROM and restoring the save file is the reverse, but faster.
Backing up a Nintendo DS Game Cartridge using the EZ Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack

Good luck, you'll need it...

striderx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night