Saving wii saves on the harddrive?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wallhaxxer, May 6, 2011.

May 6, 2011
  1. wallhaxxer
    OP

Newcomer wallhaxxer Newbie

Norway
    Hi!
    hopefully this isn't obvious, cus i've been searchin around n haven't found anything. But I've got a modded wii and about 180 games now. But I got one problem, my wiis memory is filling up with save files. Is there a way that I can save my game saves on the external harddrive instead of the wii?

thanks for any help [​IMG]

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    IIRC uloader supports that

But uneek+di is probably a better option for u

...180 games huh? That's a lot of money to spend on games... one might even say it's hard to believe u purchased over $2000 worth of wii games... common man, this isn't Sony we're talking about, ninty needs your support! lol

btw. u sure it's all game saves taking up ur nand space? If u have vc\wiiware channel or that internet tutorial video channel on your Wii those take up much more space than game saves do.

3. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

The only way to actually save on the hard drive is to use Sneek (Uneek to be more specific). Unfortunately, doing so requires you to convert your iso/wbfs backups into the format used by Sneek/Uneek+DI as most (all?) usb loaders are incompatible.

An easier way, though not exactly what you are looking for, is to use Savagame Manager GX to back up your saves to the hard drive and then delete them from the NAND when you are not going to play that game for a while.

4. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Just use Modmii and switch to Uneek+DI, AKA Puneek.

5. nl255

Unfortunately, that would require him to modify all of his iso/wbfs format backups to work with Uneek+DI as USB loaders are incompatible with such a setup.

6. XFlak

Canada
    OverjoY is working on a new DI module for uneek+di that will support wbfs files instead of the sneek extracted format. So the OP may benefit by waiting until he makes more progress so he can switch 2 using uneek+di without having to convert his games to sneek extracted format.

@OP, u can use ModMii to set up uneek+di, and also use ModMii to bulk convert all 180 of your games to the proper format (it will take awhile to do 180 games though!).

7. nl255

Nice, any guess as to roughly when it will be finished?

8. XFlak

Canada
    well, OverjoY just stated today that he's a bit busy these days... so I wouldn't count on it anytime soon. If you PM him he'll prolly send u a working beta version, but it may have some speed problems or other issues he mentions in his post here: http://gbatemp.net/t280043-joyflow-a-mod-o...t&p=3629486

9. wallhaxxer
    OP

Newcomer wallhaxxer Newbie

Norway
    thanks for the help guys!
    Though 180 was a typo, I got 80 n i feel thats quite enough [​IMG] but I dont think bulking them to another format will be too big of a problem, if wait time is all it costs me!
    But I did run into another problem however >.< I installed uneek+DI with modmii.. but when I created it it sent a bunch of files in the "Put in SD card" folder and a bunch in "Put on harddrive" folder. I got my whole system running from my harddrive (I got no SD card) , so I figured I'd throw all of the files on my harddrive. But when I try running the files on my wii they all look for my SD card n it doesnt work. Any suggestion to help my stupidness?

10. XFlak

Canada
    s/uneek both require an sd card in order to work. You can look into sorgling's uniiloader and IOS253 which is able to run an emulated nand off a hard drive without an SD card.... but its no longer being developed, and its closed source, so there won't be much in the way of support if u have problems with that.

But yea, having 80 save games shouldn't take up THAT much space. U prolly have channels that take up a lot of space. And u can save some of those to an emulated nand on you usb and launch them using mighty channels. Mighty Channels doesn't have as good compatibility as s/uneek, but it doesn't require an sd card and should hopefully work for most of your wiiware so u can free up some nand space.