Saving two spoiler boxes instead of one

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Gimzie, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Gimzie
    OP

Gimzie professional moron

Aug 6, 2016
    United States
    I recall this happening a long time back with some threads, and now it seems to be happening again.

In this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/super-mario-bros-next-a-nsmb2-mod.445883/ of which I have edit access to, every time I edit the thread, the software decides it wants to add a second spoiler block next to my first one.

I've tried using various browsers, along with clearing cookies, cache, and almost everything else I could think of, but the system still refuses to save my edit as one spoiler box, and not two.

Last edited by Gimzie, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Song of storms

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    Disable the rich text editor in your settings.

Last edited by Song of storms, Aug 17, 2018 - Reason: Adding link
    sarkwalvein likes this.
  3. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    The problem you have is that there is a [CENTER] tag that starts before the [SPOILER] tag and ends somewhere before the [/SPOILER] tag.
    If you want to solve that you can do that by placing a [/CENTER] tag just before the [SPOILER] tag, and a [CENTER] tag just after the [SPOILER] tag.
    This way formatting won't change, and you will solve your [SPOILER] being broken in the middle of nowhere problem.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Gimzie
    OP

Gimzie professional moron

Aug 6, 2016
    United States
    Thank you, that did the trick! Can't believe that I need to use a hacky workaround for something that should work, though.

Yeah, I know what the issue was, the problem was when trying to fix it, GBATemp would mess up.