Saving regarding the 3-in-1

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Wii_DS., Oct 8, 2007.

Oct 8, 2007

Saving regarding the 3-in-1 by Wii_DS. at 5:49 PM (1,099 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Wii_DS.
    OP

Banned Wii_DS. ウォリアー

United Kingdom
    Questions!!!!

1) How can i stop the save from getting deleted when i turn my nds off after playing a game in PSRAM?
    2) i once started a game and my save wasn't getting noticed, it was in the SAVE folder. Why is this?
    3) If you have a save for a game which is is the NOR and you write a new game to NOR, what happens to the fist save?
    4) Pokemon Emerald wouldn't let me save, how come?

2. Doggy124

Member Doggy124 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    I use EZ 3in1 expansion tool.
    when you finish playing GBA
    you have to go to EZ 3in1 expansion tool and backup to save to microSD.

3. Wii_DS.
    OP

Banned Wii_DS. ウォリアー

United Kingdom
    What answer is that to my questions? and where do i download that?

4. Doggy124

Member Doggy124 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
  5. Kellicros

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

First of all, make sure all your game are SRAM patched by GBATA, some games don't need to be patched, but you should just check it out to be sure. Here's what happens on my 3in1:

1) Your save don't get deleted when you switch off, it is stored in the battery backed SRAM.
    2) I think the tools automatically create a save file every time you start a game, so it is possible that your game aren't saved, so the file is blank.
    3) When you rewrite a game in to NOR, the save files automatically get backed up into the GBA\SAVE folder, this is the same for rewriting games in PSRAM.
    4) Try patching it with GBATA.

6. villa_bryan

Newcomer villa_bryan Advanced Member

United States
    i used the ez flash iv client

the saves do save by themselves except when i use nor instead of PSRAM, they don't get automatically saved.

when i tried backing them and loading them it erased the sav.

also after using nor and then using ps ram super mario advance 2 said it could not save.

7. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    That's your problem. The EZ4 Client causes the save data to be written to the wrong part of the SRAM when running games from PSRAM with the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool. When this happens, the saves for the game in NOR and the game you ran from PSRAM will both be lost.

In general, always patch games with GBATA. Only use the EZ4 Client if the game won't run or save when you patch it with GBATA, and don't try to run games from PSRAM if they have been patched with the EZ4 Client.

The vast majority of games will work just fine when patched with GBATA. The only games that need to be patched with the EZ4 Client are a few of the ones that use 1024 Kbit Flash save types, and even then most of those games will work when patched with GBATA.

You can download GBATA here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=224

Games that already use SRAM save types don't need to be patched at all. Games that use Flash or EEPROM save types need to be patched to save to SRAM. You do this with the SRAM patcher.

GBATA will tell you which save type the game uses in the "General" tab.

8. warbird

Member warbird GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I want to play super mario 2 from the famicom mini series, but it throws me a saving error upon loading. Thought maybe patching would help, but it doesnt. save type is EEPROM_V124. Any ideas? or am I out of luck?

9. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    AFAIK, the "Famicom Mini" and "Classic NES" games don't work with any flashcart. There are patches for a couple of them, but I haven't seen one for SMB2.

I've heard that Super Mario All-Stars (for the SNES) works pretty well on SnemulDS; that may be your best bet. You might be able to get SMB2 to work on an NES emulator, but it doesn't seem to work with nesDS. PocketNES or HVCA may be able to run it, but I don't have time to test it right now.

10. warbird

Member warbird GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I found a prepatched pack by wrg that contained all classic nes and famicom mini roms. Cant link to it for obvious reasons, but I guess I could make ips patches upon request...