Hacking Saving on the Super Card Mini

Wolfqng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got my Super Card mini a week ago and im trying to get into Pokemon Emerald but saving is not reliable. When I save in game then do L + R + A + SELECT and then select save I can see it loading and when it finishes I would either turn off the GBA or go into the menu of the Super Card. I tried soo much trial and error such as saving(Like I did above) then turning off the console... Saving going to main menu then turning of the console... Saving going to main menu going into saver and saving it there too or I would just save multiple times during the game. I also tried real time saving but that is also very un-reliable. Sometimes the saving methods I have tried worked but they would only work once or twice. I did try other games like Mario Kart and they worked(Only with real time saving). I do not understand I have the latest software(Checked that many times) and I have waited a few minutes after saving in order to go to main menu or turn off the console. I do not understand, I might be able to edit the firmware itself or just get another Flash Card (Which I highly do not want to do). BTW I did use the patching system with everything on but cheats. Thank you for using your time to help me.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I got my Super Card mini a week ago and im trying to get into Pokemon Emerald but saving is not reliable. When I save in game then do L + R + A + SELECT and then select save I can see it loading and when it finishes I would either turn off the GBA or go into the menu of the Super Card. I tried soo much trial and error such as saving(Like I did above) then turning off the console... Saving going to main menu then turning of the console... Saving going to main menu going into saver and saving it there too or I would just save multiple times during the game. I also tried real time saving but that is also very un-reliable. Sometimes the saving methods I have tried worked but they would only work once or twice. I did try other games like Mario Kart and they worked(Only with real time saving). I do not understand I have the latest software(Checked that many times) and I have waited a few minutes after saving in order to go to main menu or turn off the console. I do not understand, I might be able to edit the firmware itself or just get another Flash Card (Which I highly do not want to do). BTW I did use the patching system with everything on but cheats. Thank you for using your time to help me.
SC do not make good GBA flashcarts. Should have gotten an EZFlash Omega instead.
That said I think you need to patch the games with SC's patcher, most GBA flashcarts work like that except EverDrive and EZF Omega.

Wolfqng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SC do not make good GBA flashcarts. Should have gotten an EZFlash Omega instead.
That said I think you need to patch the games with SC's patcher, most GBA flashcarts work like that except EverDrive and EZF Omega.
I just got into gba flash cards. Can you give a link?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just got into gba flash cards. Can you give a link?
To clarify, SuperCard's slot-2 flashcarts were primarily meant to be used for DS games back in the day when you needed a slot-2 flashcart along with a PassMe device or a FlashMe'd DS in order to play them.
GBA support wasn't prioritized, and because of that they used slow, cheap flash memory for the GBA games, therefore you'll encounter lag in games and there could be other issues too.
A small amount of research would have told you that.
Patching the games with SC's patcher might get saves working but as said you'll encounter lag.
TBH I'm surprised you even managed to find a SuperCard MiniSD. Those haven't been made for ages. How much did you pay for it? I hope it was cheap.

The EZFlash Omega just released so probably not many stores have it yet, but GBAtemp's sponsor has it in stock: https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=544
Probably the best GBA flashcart you can get nowadays, save for perhaps the EverDrive but that's way more expensive and it's larger than a regular GBA cart so it sticks out (and sticks out a lot in a DS lite!), making it a no-buy in my opinion.
Edit: 01media also has it in stock: https://www.shop01media.com/en/GBA-...Flash-omega-GBA-NDS-NDSLite-flash-cart-linker
They're more expensive but they're based in Europe instead of China/HK.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Wolfqng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did use sc's patcher for it (If you mean by sc super card which I highly assume). And I got it from eBay for 12$(Theres a lot of them on there). Also if you do not mean sc as in super card then please give a different link because you said sc was slow which I dont see it (I do not mean it in a rude way... when I read the last sentence over it seems rude) Also can you use other firmware or patchers with super cards?

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing that can fix the SuperCard's slow RAM. In some games it doesn't matter. In many others, games won't load at all, they'll have graphic glitches, they'll simple crash midgame, etc. Patching may help to some degree, but it's simply not going to be enough to overcome the slow RAM.

I won't be so harsh about the fact that research would have uncovered this. A lot of people give overly glowing reviews of the SuperCard because they apparently have very low expectations. Except for the very earliest of GBA flash carts, literally every other one should be able to run virtually every game with at most a bit of patching. For some (NOR-only) it'd be really tedious to reflash the NOR (taking 5-10 minutes and a computer), so I can almost see why people would at the very beginning take the SuperCard and think it better even with all its failings. Still, that's why I was relatively harsh on my EZ-Flash Omega Review. I'd rate a SuperCard a 3.5 at best--you can still use it for Multiboot, stuff like emulation, etc.

Regardless, you're better off with an EZ-Flash IV or an Omega. I really want to recommend an Omega. In theory it'll be a lot better than a EZ-Flash IV. Right now, it's just barely on the edge of being equivalent--it's just been released so they're still working out the kinks. But, it's a lot less hassle while maintaining that equivalence.

Wolfqng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not looking to get a new card, im trying to fix this problem but thanks though, and I dont see many performance problems with it. My only problem with this card is its saving and im trying to find a fix for it. Btw for some reason I cant quote anyone anymore(The system thinks its spam).

Wolfqng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think I should use a different patcher or use an earlier firmware?

Wolfqng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found my problem. I need RTC(Real Time Clock) but I’ve been searching forever and cannot find a patcher for it. I really don’t want to implament code into so if anyone knows where to find a patched for it, please tell. :D

Wolfqng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve been searching a whole lot and I believe I finally found the fix. I found this program that was used for Pokémon hacks (seasons and day and night). In this all you have to do is open your rom and click on insert RTC.
The link is: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246089

Btw sorry for asking for your help even though I found it in the same day. I will keep that in mind for future posts. I also appreciate that you took time to answer my questions.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I’ve been searching a whole lot and I believe I finally found the fix. I found this program that was used for Pokémon hacks (seasons and day and night). In this all you have to do is open your rom and click on insert RTC.
The link is: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246089

Btw sorry for asking for your help even though I found it in the same day. I will keep that in mind for future posts. I also appreciate that you took time to answer my questions.
Are you using the Supercard client?
As I said before, you need it to patch saving to make most games save.
https://filetrip.net/gba-downloads/...supercardsd-client-v2-71-eng-2-71-f33333.html
Not sure if this is the newest version but it's the only one I could find.

Wolfqng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I did patch the saving and also bad news. It seems as if the RTC did not fix it. I guesss I was just lucky with my chances when I tested it. Does anyone have a recommendation for other patching programs. Just a reminder this seems too not happen with Pokémon games.

Update: now when I hold L + R while turning on the gba it says everything is alright except when it goes to test sd/Mmc.

Test SD/MMC
SD/MMC ok!
not find test file

Last edited by Wolfqng,

Wolfqng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw real time saving is a little bit more reliable then normal saving but when it does fail it resets my WHOLE game which I am not going to play an hour of Pokémon for the chance of it being deleted. Anyone have a solution without switching consoles or buying a different flash card.

KotaBear666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having a lot of saving issues with the SuperCard mini sd. Is it possible to use the firmware for the ez flash omega on on the supercard?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.