Saving on the G6 real

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by thetrufinder, Aug 18, 2007.

Aug 18, 2007

Saving on the G6 real by thetrufinder at 11:48 PM (850 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. thetrufinder
    OP

Newcomer thetrufinder Newbie

United States
    Hey
    im really new at this flashcard stuff
    ive decided to buy a g6 real but ive heard that theres a saving issue with it?
    somehting about the saves not working, soft resets?
    if possible could someone give me the 411 on saving on the G6 real

thanks for any replies

2. swiitness

Member swiitness GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    All you have to do is use the games save function as normal and then you have two options for the G6 to write this save data.
    It can save either by hard reset where the save data is stored in SRAM when you physically power off the console and when you turn the console back on, the save data gets written.

The other way it can save data is through a soft reset (provided you select the function prior to launching the game) where the save data gets written after pressing a certain button combination that brings you back to the G6 main menu.

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    The bit where it says processing data is the part where saves are copied over (AFAIK)

4. dr_jones

Newcomer dr_jones Member

United Kingdom
    The problem sometime is it does not save on hard reset:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=56598

Mine did this so I had the vendor exchange it - now all working fine - ever so as mentioned above it deoesn't actually stop you saving data as you can use soft reset insted.

5. swiitness

Member swiitness GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I did the exact same thing and on the replacement I got, I was able to properly use the boot to DS menu function first.