Saving on EZIV

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by danweb, Jan 12, 2011.

Jan 12, 2011

Saving on EZIV by danweb at 10:36 AM (933 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. danweb
    OP

Member danweb GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I have been having some trouble with saving on my EZIV. I kept accidently leaning on the L button and i completly lost my save for the last game i played. Then i found out i could turn on obliged saving and that solved that problem, but i still have save files that disappear. My Donkey Kong Country save keeps no working or not existing or something. It might work for 3 or 4 openings of the game and then the 5th opening of the game my save isn't there. Could i be leaning on a button to do this or perhaps i press some sort of a shortcut in the menu to do this. Is it the devices fault, and most importantly, how do i fix this?

One last problem too. I also can't seem to save with mother 3 (in game). When i talk to a frog and i save on either slot it says 'unable to save' every time. Any ideas?

Thank you so much in advance,
    DanWeb

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    DKC uses eeprom. So if you didn't sram patch it, any saves it creates are unuseable.

Same thing for Mother 3, after you applied the translation patch, your going to need to apply an SRAM patch to get it working.

3. danweb
    OP

Australia
    What is a scram patch? I have been using the EZ4 client before playing the roms if that is the patch.

4. WigWrm

Member WigWrm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Download GBATA from the downloads section of this site. There will be an option to SRAM patch your games. It's a simple process and you'll be able to save your games with no problem.

5. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    EZ4 client doesn't patch every game correctly. There are a few games you will have to use an external patcher.

6. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Do I have to patch Mega Man Battle Network 6 in order for it to save? I've been having issues with that rom on my EZ flash IV

7. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    You shouldn't have to, MMBN6 uses SRAM v113 which is a support save type. Maybe you got a dirty rom or the battery is failing, those are the only 2 other possible causes for your issue with the rom.

8. danweb
    OP

Australia
    also, megaman and bass has a funny background. Does this fix in the same way?

9. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    "funny background" usually means a bad rom or your EZ-Flash IV NOR is going bad or your GBA/SP/micro/DS connector pins are wearing out.

Either you got something broken or worn out or your EZ IV is falling apart.

10. danweb
    OP

Australia
    i just got it. It works fine with everything else image wise. It might be a bad rom though