Hacking Saving my Savegames

alaren

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me about the EZ-Flash III .sav files? Is there a converter out there that will make them work with an emulator or on other flash carts? Before answering, please keep in mind that we are talking about GBA saves, not DS saves. The shunyweb tool does NOT apply to this situation (and does not list the EZ-Flash III in any event).

The long story is that I've had an EZ-Flash III for several years; it has been a fabulous device and worked very well for me. I recently purchased a DS (late to the party, I know, what can I say?) and got a CycloDS Evolution and an EZ3-in-1. The CycloDS is awesome and I'm very impressed with the state of homebrew on the DS; I've also re-dumped my GBA games and they work great with the CycloDS 1.41 firmware.

However I've got a ton of savegames in .sav files backed up from my EZ-Flash III. I know exactly what I need to do to use these savegames except that nothing I use seems able to read the GBA saves from the EZ-Flash III. They appear to be in some sort of RAW format (for example, the EEPROM save file from FFT:A is 64K, so no padding), but no emulator or converter (including shuny's, no$gba, visualboyadvance, et cetera) seems able to use or convert the .sav file.

I know that if I can get these savegames to load in any other format, there are lots of converters to make the savegame work with my CycloDS. But no one seems to know anything about save files on the EZ-Flash III. Even sosuke's forum only has a few people with similar questions finding no definitive answers. Hopefully someone here can help!

Thanks in advance---

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering the same thing a couple of days ago. No you don't need to do anything. As long as you have the save from the visual boy (or whatever) in the write fodler on the sd card it will work. It can be a little finicky though.

alaren

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info--as I suspected, simply copying the .sav file from the EZ-Flash III to the CycloDS SHOULD work, in theory... but for FFT:A, at least, it does not work. Guess I'll play through again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs