Hacking Saving does not work on M3 Perfect MiniSD

l0c4lh0st

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When playing Mario Kart Super Circuit... Releasename: Mario_Kart_Super_Circuit_EURO_GBA-ROCKET

I do a race, win the golden cup and then, after the ceremony, I get the message "the data could not be saved" (ingame).

When resetting the GBM (I'm playing on a GB Micro), I get the message "warning! GBA Savegame already exists on this card, but autosave cannot be found. Backup failed. Press A to Continue".

I'm drag/dropping the .gba from the ROCKET release to the /GBA folder on the MiniSD card.

I'm not sure what to do in order to make saving work like it should. Any ideas?

WigWrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You must create a folder called GAMESAVE on the root of your minisd card.
You must also have a save file for every game that is present on the card.

Use this link to download bank.dat
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PFOZQBMY

Rename "bank" to the exact name of the rom image on your card.
(ie. Mario Kart.gba --> rename bank.dat into Mario Kart.dat)

Place the .dat save files in the GAMESAVE folder. You must do this
for every game you wish to play.

You may also want to use the M3 Game Manager to load your gba roms onto
your minisd card for you. It will create the save files automatically and may be easier to use for a new user.

Further information available upon request but I suggest you check out M3wiki.com

WigWrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really should just edit my above post but i think its important enough to leave alone.

Upon further inspection I see that this game uses a FLASH_V124 (512Kbit) save type.
All gba games that use flash based saves must be patched with M3 Game Manager software
using the Hardware 1 patch.

All games not using flash type saves will not have to be patched. If using the M3 Game Manager
software to load games onto your sd card I would suggest using the Hardware 2 option in the patches menu. The hardware 2 option does not patch your games and should be considered as a clean rom option.

If you do not like using the M3 game manager software and can manually add save files for each game "as described in the above post" another option is to use GBATA software found in the downloads section and the SRAM patch flash save type games.

l0c4lh0st

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much! Using the M3 Game Manager, it works.
smile.gif

Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality