Saves with the M3?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Gaisuto, Jul 21, 2006.

Jul 21, 2006

Saves with the M3? by Gaisuto at 9:40 PM (963 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Gaisuto
    OP

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Featured Posts:
    United States
    For games like RPGs which only have one save, is it possible to have multiple saves on the same M3? I'm wondering because when you pick a ROM to start, it goes to a screen that says Choose the Save File to use. Why would they have that there if you could only have one to begin with?

2. mikesinclair555

Member mikesinclair555 GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    yes, it is possible for more than one save. Not to long ago someone mentioned in the forum how to do it. Ethieron here at gbatemp or at scdev.org. I forget if it is for RTS or regular in game saves though.

3. Gaisuto
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Okay. 10 points for knowing it's possible. Someone gets 10 more for telling me how to do it. Anyone?

4. Zelion

Zelion Newbie

Example: I'll use a gba game: Tactics Ogre.gba
    using the m3 software it'll make a file under GAMESAVE Folder called Tactics Ogre.dat If you wish for your brother to play it, but dont want him touching your game, simply copy the bank.dat file thats somewere in the M3 software installation(under "gamesave" in main install folder)
    and copy it onto your CF/SD card into the GAMESAVE folder.
    Then it is best to turn off your autosave function, and when you go to load your game, it'll ask what DAT to use, scroll over to bank.dat and load it. I recommend remaking the bank.dat to BrosTO.dat or something you'll know it as. Hope that helps some.

5. Gaisuto
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I remember checking the Created F: Drive when I put the SD Card in. I never saw a Saves folder ever, it just had all the ROMs in it.

6. Zelion

Zelion Newbie

If its not there, create it. The M3 software does that for you if it doesn't exist on yer CF/SD card

7. Gaisuto
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United States
    You used a GBA game for the example, but I'm trying to use a DS game. Does it matter?

8. Gaisuto
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I made the duplicate save, and I can choose it, but whenever I save in the second game, it doesn't save. The first and second saves are just the same save. How do I fix this?

*Oh, sorry for the double post. [​IMG]

9. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    Not sure if this will solve your problem, but...

after you patch a game with M3's game manager (presumably sending it directly to your SD/CF card) you can double click on it (in the M3 software) and it opens the save game manager... from there you press the help button and read up on the engrish to find out how to make a dupe save - and it should in fact autosave to the correct file that you loaded when you turn on the DS again... if it doesnt autosave (or you turned that off) then you have to figure out how to manually save it to the correct file.

10. wohoo

Member wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    i think it's just copy the savefile as many times as you want after you've patched it with M3 GM to get it on your memorycard. and then you choose the game and press A, then you can swap with left and right between the savefiles ;P i'm not 100% sure of this but i think you can do it... i've never tried so... well... [​IMG]

btw you can have multiple real time saves too, but i don't relay know how that works (i get options in some games SOMETIMES to save the realtime saves on 3 places or so... instead of just "save" and "load") and then when i save on the "new" "saveslots?" (or whatever they're called) i got that new map in my memorycard root - "GBASAVE" where that new real time save file tends to show up

11. Zelion

Zelion Newbie

You've got to turn off autosave off, and yeah it'll work for NDS games as well as GBA

12. iza

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

Featured Posts:
    United States
    so are real time saves the same as in game saves? for instance, Slot A, B, C in Mario brothers, ect. Or in animal crossing, i still have to hit start to save right? and is it going to save it like a real game or an m3 save game? i really want to edit my map, but i'm pretty confused about this...