Hacking Saves from R4 ---> AK2 not working...

Anglophile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

Just got my Acekard 2 and I love it thus far!

The games have transferred to it from my r4's cards very nicely, but the saves aren't working!

I tried using shunyweb.info to convert my saves from the R4 format to the Acecard 2 format...they SEEMED to work, but once I put them onto my AK's card, they won't work! I can't see any of my saved games! It doesn't even say "corrupt" or anything...it just looks as though I've never saved a game on there before.

Can anyone help me with this. I'm not going to be happy if I lose my saves in Phoenix Wright, MarioKart, and Diner Dash!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You'll have to rename them properly with a .nds.sav extension, as I did today when I transferred some of my Scds1 saves to my Acekard 2.

Example:
Anygame.ndsAnygame.nds.sav

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
check the file extensions - R4 uses [game name].sav, AK2 uses [game name].nds.sav
other than that the saves are identical, you shouldn't have to convert or anything

edit: ahem yeah, what that guy said

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
bollocks said:
check the file extensions - R4 uses [game name].sav, AK2 uses [game name].nds.sav
other than that the saves are identical, you shouldn't have to convert or anything
As I already posted above
biggrin.gif

Anglophile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid it didn't work.
frown.gif

I changed the extensions, but the saves still aren't working.
However, I'm starting to wonder, because I had been using a counterfeit R4 (it was one of those R4-II fakes) which I hear is a N5 clone...would this make a difference in the needed save conversions?

EDIT> Never mind! I got it working! Not sure how, but it's workin!

The only save that won't transfer properly was the Diner Dash save, but other than that I'm fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr