Hacking Saves from 3DS to N3DS (gateway)? Fantasy Life?

kardus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to inject my own private header in a Fantasy Life rom so I can play online again (I was using a shared header before). I followed the instructions here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...with-savedatafiler.380246/page-5#post-5334985) for my other games, but what do I do for a game like Fantasy Life?

Another question: there's no problems in just transferring the saves from my 3DS to N3DS by just bringing over my .sav file and using the same ROM/header right?

What do I do for games like Fantasy Life where save data is stored in the Nintendo 3DS folder? Is the only way to transfer these using the system transfer tool? Can something not be done using SaveDataFiler or something?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nope fantasy life stores its saves in extdata, go to the extdata section of SDF and extract the extdata for fantasy life, the titleID is 113100 (EU),113200 (US) or 06D200(JPN) depending on what region of the game you are using, then transfer the saves to your n3DS and import

hias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
nope fantasy life stores its saves in extdata, go to the extdata section of SDF and extract the extdata for fantasy life, the titleID is 113100 (EU),113200 (US) or 06D200(JPN) depending on what region of the game you are using, then transfer the saves to your n3DS and import

oO Could could you elaborate that please?

kardus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oO Could could you elaborate that please?

I think he is trying to say that to transfer from o3DS to n3DS, all you have to do is export the extdata save using SDF, copy the filer archive from your SD card onto the new one on the new console, then import using SDF on the new console?

Do you have to put your old files in SDcard:\filer\ExtData\XXXXXX\00001132\ on the new card/console or will SDF create these? I have not tried it yet for extdata saves.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I think he is trying to say that to transfer from o3DS to n3DS, all you have to do is export the extdata save using SDF, copy the filer archive from your SD card onto the new one on the new console, then import using SDF on the new console?

Do you have to put your old files in SDcard:\filer\ExtData\XXXXXX\00001132\ on the new card/console or will SDF create these? I have not tried it yet for extdata saves.
yeah pretty much, just export the extdata, then put it on the n3ds and import it, its not really that hard :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Spot the difference, Deal or no deal, can't remember the others lol