Saves from 3DS to N3DS (gateway)? Fantasy Life?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by kardus, Mar 23, 2015.

1. kardus
    OP

kardus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2015
    Canada
    I am trying to inject my own private header in a Fantasy Life rom so I can play online again (I was using a shared header before). I followed the instructions here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...with-savedatafiler.380246/page-5#post-5334985) for my other games, but what do I do for a game like Fantasy Life?

Another question: there's no problems in just transferring the saves from my 3DS to N3DS by just bringing over my .sav file and using the same ROM/header right?

What do I do for games like Fantasy Life where save data is stored in the Nintendo 3DS folder? Is the only way to transfer these using the system transfer tool? Can something not be done using SaveDataFiler or something?

2. lamende

lamende GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2014
    United States
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Inject the header and change to .3dz format.
    For the .sav files, I just copied mine over to my new mSD card on N3DS and all the saves were good.

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    nope fantasy life stores its saves in extdata, go to the extdata section of SDF and extract the extdata for fantasy life, the titleID is 113100 (EU),113200 (US) or 06D200(JPN) depending on what region of the game you are using, then transfer the saves to your n3DS and import

4. hias

hias Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2014
    Argentina
    oO Could could you elaborate that please?

5. Habbert

Habbert GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2013
    Canada
    I don't know if this will help you or not

Nightwish likes this.
  6. kardus
    OP

kardus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2015
    Canada
    I think he is trying to say that to transfer from o3DS to n3DS, all you have to do is export the extdata save using SDF, copy the filer archive from your SD card onto the new one on the new console, then import using SDF on the new console?

Do you have to put your old files in SDcard:\filer\ExtData\XXXXXX\00001132\ on the new card/console or will SDF create these? I have not tried it yet for extdata saves.

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah pretty much, just export the extdata, then put it on the n3ds and import it, its not really that hard :P