Saves and RTSaves on other Directory

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by SmileMan, Nov 22, 2008.

Nov 22, 2008
  1. SmileMan
    OP

Member SmileMan GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I've a DsOne (This: http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4002/bild007hu9.jpg), and all the time i open the MicroSd on the Pc, i see a lot of disorder. Then, i'm asking if the DsOne can replace the Rom in a directory, the saves in a other directory and the RealTime Saves again, in a other directory. And still recognize them.

Thanks, SmileMan.

2. SamusKnight2K

Member SamusKnight2K GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No, unfortunately all .SAV and .SCI files are placed within the same folder as the game it belongs to. Also it should be noted that when the SCDS1 creates a .SAV file for the first time it will save it in a DOS format name (YOUR GAME NAME.nds becomes YOURGA~1.SAV.) so you might want to rename the .SAV later on. As long as you name it EXACTLY like your game, it will still recognize the .SAV file. I'd recommend getting DSOrganize so you can take care of the contents of your Micro SD on the fly instead of having to pull out the SD card each time. Another tip for if your card gets too cluttered is place each NDS game in a separate folder or separate it by perhaps genre.

Since I myself devote half my SD card to games and the other half to music I just back up all my saves to my PC and only keep the ones for games I'm currently playing on there. Also it might help to once and awhile delete the stray .SCI files you don't need as the SCDS1 just makes them and never deletes them when you're finished. More info than ya needed I know but hope it helps.

3. SmileMan
    OP

Italy
    Mhn.. Thanks, but i have a question, the .SAV and the .SCI only need to stay with the corrispondent game, right? Then, if i make a directory for which game they work well?

4. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    That's correct. As long as the game is in the same folder as the .SAV and the .SCI it works.

5. SmileMan
    OP

Italy
    Perfect, thanks so much.