OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.leussink.be
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got here a bricked wii with a black screen and no modchip inside.
I got the original Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers.
If i bought me a savemii or use a gamecube controller to enter the recovery mode is it possible with yu gi oh to fix this wii or need i a modchip to run yu gi oh?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
how did you brick it? Was it a badchannel install or did it just turn magicly black?

Got Bootmii installed as boot2?

Leussink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.leussink.be
XP
Country
Netherlands
linuxares said:
how did you brick it? Was it a badchannel install or did it just turn magicly black?

Got Bootmii installed as boot2?

I got the wii from a friend and he bought it online and he hopes to fix it.
I tried and no bootmii or priiloader on it.

But i want to know if yu gi oh original exploit works with safemii without having a modchip.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well it won't really help. You need a modchip to auto-boot the game.

Got any more info of the Wii?

The Savemii method just for firmware upgrade more or less.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Leussink said:
But i want to know if yu gi oh original exploit works with safemii without having a modchip.
I think if it is an original dvd your wii can start it without a modchip in the recovery mode(i think it work without autoboot(?)).

But if it is a full brick you can not recover your wii with YGO because the recovery mode didn't work.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are you planning to copy the hacked game save to the nand if the wii wont start? this exploit relies on that.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... That method isn't going to work. Besides not having the exploit to the nand, it would be unlikely that the wii would have the proper IOS installed to run the game if it's full bricked like that.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Getting a black screen directly (without any system menu artifacts)
Two common possibilities,

1 - Bluetooth module is broken or detached
a. solution: Replace defective bluetooth module or attach it firmly at it's place...

2 - A stub menu IOS is installed or menu IOS uninstalled completely
a. solution for an old wii that accepts bootmii@boot2 installation : flash bootmii using infectus

b. solution for a wii with keys and/or a nand backup (no bootmii@boot2 compatibility) : convert a healthy nand dump (donor should have same version of boot1) to said wii and flash it with infectus.

c. solution for a wii with no keys no nand backup and no bootmii@boot2 compatibility : currently none

A common method to see if it supports boot2 installation of bootmii is checking the original drive type of the wii using it's serial number (you can use wiidrives.com) If it has an older drivechip than D2C then it's 100% bootmii@boot2 compatible... if it has newer drive than D2C then it's 100% not compatible with bootmii@boot2... If it's a D2C you should check the cpu on the main board too see it for yourself...

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
A common method to see if it supports boot2 installation of bootmii is checking the original drive type of the wii using it's serial number (you can use wiidrives.com) If it has an older drivechip than D2C then it's 100% bootmii@boot2 compatible... if it has newer drive than D2C then it's 100% not compatible with bootmii@boot2... You should check the cpu on the main board too see it for yourself...
if your going to open the wii to check that youre better off just checking the motherboard rev number

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche