SaveMII to fix system files are corrupt message

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pswann, May 20, 2009.

May 20, 2009
  1. pswann
    OP

Newcomer pswann Newbie

United States
    I sure would appreciate some guidance. If memory serves me correct I am running 3.3 on my wii with a wiikey installed. Everything has been fine since the wii first came out. Everything has worked I have tried, even the double layer game galaxy. The last update I remember taking was off the wiifit disk.

Recently I was requested to provide a couple of gamecube games, and the burns didnt work on the modded gamecube. But they worked fine on the wii. Metroid Prime and Metroid prime 2- Dark Echos (japanese). We have played both games but in one part of one of the two games the wii threw out an error. Not sure what it was. He rebooted it and ran the game again and got the error again. Now when we boot the system it gives the

"the system files are corrupted. Please refer to the.... message. I have a savemii enroute. The save me site says I have a banner brick situation and should use anytitle deleter to uninstall the corrupt title. My question is how do I determine which is the corrupt title? I looked at the database of numbers and didnt see the number for gamecube games.

I dont want to install a home brew channel just because I dont need it. I sure would appreciate some good information to clear this error up. Let me know if I need to provide additional information. It will not boot in maintainance mode, and I couldnt get it to power on with a gamestop controller in 4 so thats why I opted for the savemii. Thanks!

2. ineedhelpbad

Newcomer ineedhelpbad Advanced Member

United States
    are you sure it was a gamecube game and not the wii remake. Cause if so you probably updated to the wrong region.

3. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    also, banner bricks happen when you install bad channel files, which you didn't do. It must be an out of region update brick and I don't think SaveMii will do much to help that.

4. pswann
    OP

Newcomer pswann Newbie

United States
    I double checked. He was playing the english version, the first in the series. He said he wanted to complete the first one then move to the japanese verision. He said he got to a part in the game and got a disc read errror. He rebooted by holding the power off and on. The game loaded again and he went back to the same part of the game and got the same error. He called it a night and turned it off and left it off. The next day he had the system file error. I expect the savemii any day now as it is coming out of canada. I just really do not know what I will do when I get it. I guess it will be to see if it boots and confirm the version. What game contains the software version update after the one for will fit? I may have a hardware issue, memory failure but I sure hope not. Still looking for suggestions and I will post the boot status after I get the device. Thanks for the replies!