Hacking savemii frii

crimsonsoulz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 4.2U got bricked after downgrading to 3.3U and then installing a 4.2U theme. i purchased a triwing screwdriver and opened up my ngc pad, i managed to get to the recovery savemii menu thing (displays the installed firmware) so i inserted madworld and after a few seconds the 3.3U on the bottom right of the screen goes away and all i'm left with is a black screen. i let it sit for 10mins but nothing really happens.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What'd you downgrade to 3.3 for? That would have been enough to brick some Wii's even without installing incompatible themes.

3.3 runs off of IOS30, though, and IIRC that still has the trucha bug in it. Did you modify the game disc so that it would autoboot?

crimsonsoulz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i downloaded a new ios but indoing so cioscorp stopped working, instead of downgrading back i downgraded the firmware. it was late so for some stupid reason i tried installing my theme back on it while it still had 3.2u. resulting in the brick. my wii was softmodded so i'm using legit games. (i have 3.3u on it, madworld has 3.4 i think).

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crimsonsoulz said:
i dont have a chip or cioscorp installed, would a universal update disc still boot?
From my understanding(don't quote me), you don't need cioscorp to boot a autoboot backup disk if the IOS the system menu uses is trucha signed.
Burn a SSBB disk and use smash stack to boot up my menuify. Install your original theme.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, since you were already on 4.2 you have to be very wary of just what system update you try to install via autobooting. Since you downgraded to 3.2 or 3.3 (you never made it clear which), we know IOS30 works. But if IOS50 is stubbed, the upgrade to 3.4 will leave you in an even worse position since the System Menu won't be able to boot at all. Likewise with 4.1 if your IOS60 is stubbed.

Really now, downgrading the system menu is the last thing you should ever do. Not to mention that it did you absolutely no good in resolving whatever error you had with cIOScorp. You probably could have solved that by simply re-running its installer.

crimsonsoulz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bumpman said:
crimsonsoulz said:
i dont have a chip or cioscorp installed, would a universal update disc still boot?
From my understanding(don't quote me), you don't need cioscorp to boot a autoboot backup disk if the IOS the system menu uses is trucha signed.
Burn a SSBB disk and use smash stack to boot up my menuify. Install your original theme.

hopefully your right ill try it out.

crimsonsoulz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FenrirWolf said:
crimsonsoulz said:
but i heard that savemii will run the update stored on the disc regardless
You heard wrong.

from savemii's site

Not necessarily. You will need a modchip so that the Wii will accept a custom-made “autoboot” disc with your recovery tools on it. However, even without a modchip, newer versions of the Wii system software (3.0+) will try to install any valid update that is present on any legit Wii disc you attempt to boot with SaveMii. In some cases, this will be enough to let you install a newer System Menu and recover your console.

so.. should i try downloading a autoboot brawl or a recovery disc, hoping my wii can read it.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if it's supposed to work, then it makes you wonder why it isn't booting.

And IIRC brawl is an odd duck and won't autoboot even if everything is set up properly. The PAL version does, but there's no Smash Stack for it. An annoying conundrum, isn't it?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No harm in trying. I'm not sure if you'll be able to boot games via DVD without a chip, though. Unless you have enough remnants of cIOScorp in there to do the job, I suppose.

crimsonsoulz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeadlyFoez said:
crimsonsoulz said:
thanks for your help, probably gonna need to either install a chip or get a new wii -.-
If you want your wii fixed then I CAN fix it, but I do not do work for free but I charge WAY less then buying a new wii or nintendo discovers homebrew on your wii and charges you for it. If you really want to buy a new wii (your a moron if you want to) but if you do then I will buy your current wii from you.... or I can fix it for you very easily (since I do have all the right equipment)

how much do u charge?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...