Savemanager gx: Mii Channel/FaceLib installed but files are missing

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Ichigo1000, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    I am currently trying to move my saves from my original Wii to my Wii U via savemanager gx. When I launch the program, it pops up with "Mii Channel is installed but files are missing" and prompts me to press "Install" or "Cancel". I did not install because I don't want to do anything stupid and would like to ask you guys before doing so. Does anyone know what the problem is? Each time when I select cancel, it kicks me back into the homebrew channel.

May I perhaps be using the wrong file? I am trying to use the "HBC setup R127 file". If I remember correctly, don't only forwarders require seperate versions? Then again, I see a "vWii R127.dol" file which i've already tried to download and replace the existing one in the "HBC Setup R127" zip file and had no luck.

Last edited by Ichigo1000, Jan 14, 2017
  2. DevannB

DevannB Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2012
    United States
    I had the same issue with the mii channel prompt. I found a working workaround, but it's a little convoluted, involves using a bit of an outdated version, and having an already-existing save file of every game you want to transfer already on the vwii to overwrite. It sucks, it's tedious, but it works.

download the vwii revision dol, rename it to boot.dol, and slap that in a subfolder in your apps folder on your sd card. browse to private/wii/title in the program and one by one go through the folders, click on your save data, and extract them from .bins into raw save data. Then follow the instructions i posted here http://gbatemp.net/threads/issue-with-savegame-manager-gx-on-vwii.457194/

This assumes you already have your [unlocked with priiloader if they use wifi] saves on your SD card from your original wii by pressing the wii button in the bottom left of the wii menu and then going to save data and copying everything. then throwing that card into your wii u.

Hope this helps. It's time consuming and it sucks but it works.

By the way, with my experience, pressing install doesn't do anything other than boot you back to the homebrew channel, which doesn't make the prompt go away or fix anything.

Last edited by DevannB, Jan 14, 2017
  3. Ichigo1000
    OP

Ichigo1000 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    United States
    The problem is that i have a LOT of saves to the point that it's going to take forever, so i don't think i can do that. But what I'm confused about is why this is affecting some people and not others? If that's the case, there should be an underlying cause that could be fixed right?

Last edited by Ichigo1000, Jan 14, 2017
  4. DevannB

DevannB Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2012
    United States
    I know it'll take forever, it took me forever too, but it worked. As far as I can tell, nobody has any other answers and there is no way to fix the mii problem. Just give it a shot and see if that works for at least one of your savegames.

Alternatively, you could do a system transfer wii>wiiu then use your nand backup to restore the stuff on your wii. It's been done before successfully, but you might have to remod everything.