Hacking SaveGame restore from retail to gateway. (N3ds + gateway 3.11)

chikoo_69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! I need help to not loose my time :P Is it possible to restore my retails savegame from majoras mask 3d to my gateway backup. Im pretty used to things like that but somehow when i restore the .sav from my backup i made to the sd card it still create a new one?

Reactions: Margen67

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gateway launcher menu has a save extraction option. You can both save and restore retail cart save files.

Cannot promise they will work. A friend couldn't get Bravely Default save to work for him on the gateway from his retail.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi! I need help to not loose my time :P Is it possible to restore my retails savegame from majoras mask 3d to my gateway backup. Im pretty used to things like that but somehow when i restore the .sav from my backup i made to the sd card it still create a new one?
You can use NTR 2's save plugin to export and decrypt your MM retail save, then import it to your Gateway copy with SaveDataFiler.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gateway launcher menu has a save extraction option. You can both save and restore retail cart save files.

Cannot promise they will work. A friend couldn't get Bravely Default save to work for him on the gateway from his retail.
Not going to work. Encryption issues. See the save data mega guide at the top of this sub for detailed explaination.

Never mind[USER]Zidapi[/USER] has a new solution! Hip hip Horray! I will look Into that. Does that work with all 7.x games?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and BTW im not on emunand, just got my gateway working today (9.6 update got out today...)
You may already know this but since you are new......

Format an emunand anyway the only thing you are out right now is eshop access. And make an emunand backup with emunand tool.

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I was expecting exactly this game to work the restore save option.

I have played over 25h this nice rpg and I bought a n3ds LL so I cannot play it on my real cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he... +1