Savegame of NTSC game on PAL Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kvmthebest, Nov 6, 2011.

Nov 6, 2011
  1. Kvmthebest
    OP

Newcomer Kvmthebest Newbie

Belgium
    Okay I don't know if somebody has already asked this before, and it might be a stupid question but well..
    I downloaded a Wii save game for a NTSC game which I load through USB Loader GX.
    The problem is that my Wii itself is a PAL Wii, so I use Priiloader to force my Wii playing the game.

The game itself works fine, but I want to install the save game (which is as such NTSC) into my PAL Wii.
    The savegame has the extension .bin, and I don't seem to be able installing it with SaveGame Manager GX.
    Also installing the save game from SD is no option as my Wii is PAL and doesn't recognize it...

There might be an easy solution, but would someone please look into this? :)
    Thanks!

2. goemon_guy

Member goemon_guy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    If the Wii won't read the save from the SD card, it sounds like you might have it in the wrong directory.

It should go:

X:/private/wii/title/-title id-/data.bin

Where X is the drive letter, and the title id would be something like RXXE or SXXE.

3. Kvmthebest
    OP

Belgium
    Well it DOES find the file so the directory is fine, the problem is that it says being not able to copy/move the save game into the Wii..
    I guess that's because my Wii is PAL and the game NTSC?
    There has to be another way, any ideas? :)

4. Captain_N

Member Captain_N GBAtemp Fan

United States
    try using the save game extractor gx. it will dump the game save in to a folder using the games id. for example Super Smash Bros Brawl NTSC U is here N:\wiisaves\0001000052534245 (N is the drive letter of the sd card or hard drive)
    0001000052534245 is smash bros id and its a folder created by savegame manager GX. Inside the folder are all the files for teh smash bros save. you will have to find out the id for both versions by dumping both games. dump 1 game and check the folder it creates and wright down what version the numbers represent. Once you know what id is pal and what one is ntsc
    then just copy the data from the NTSC version to the PAL Version. Then install the save using savegame manager GX

i did this with red steel 2 and it worked. some moron renamed the game id so when i used the real iso the save game did not work.
    SO i dumped both saves and copied my save into the correct folder and installed it and it worked.

5. Kvmthebest
    OP

Belgium
    Thanks for your help, I'll try some more. I sadly only have an NTSC version of the game and not a PAL otherwise there was no problem :)
    Meanwhile, any more idea's are welcome people!

6. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Well, When I imported my savegame for xenoblade (I played it in Dolphin before I got my Wii), I had to first create a savegame for it (to tell the Wii I had the game), then delete that save before I could copy the dolphin save to the Wii.
    Of course, Xenoblade is PAL and so is my Wii, so it might not work for you.