Savedatafilfer not working for me, how to use?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 2DSGamerdude, Apr 27, 2015.

1. 2DSGamerdude
    OP

2DSGamerdude GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2015
    Greece
    hay guys,
    I'm trying to get my saves for some of my games to work, but savedatafiler isn't working for me,
    i follow the guide on how to use it and such but can't transfer my save over

like for example:
    i made a backup of my zelda Majora mask game using gateway menu and the save too,
    the save as backed up by gateway is in gameid.sav,

um, to use this save for my zelda mm backup, i have to rename it to 00400…FF40.sav and then export the ctr save?

when i load up my game in gw menu the ctr card in savedtafiler shows up as broken?

also how do i import my shop games saves that i backuped up in backup thing like fire emblem and zelda link between worlds?

2. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada

No, you got it all mixed up, you gotta rename the newly created 00400…FF40.sav (this is the file generated by SavDataFiler) to 0004000000125600.sav (Majora's Mask 3D European sav)

Here's a useful link to understand how you should import/re-import or whatever.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

3. 2DSGamerdude
    OP

2DSGamerdude GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2015
    Greece

so i first create the save made by savedatafiller then rename it to Majora's Mask 3D European sad, then i copy over my backuped up save for the card that i made?