Hacking savedatafiler Failure level -7 trying to import Smash Bros/Pokemon

chango

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I'm trying to import a savegame from a USA Smash bros and USA Pokemon cartridge to the same games installed via CIA, USA versions.

I dumped the cartridges by booting to a rxtools emunand and loaded savedatafiler, deleted the secure value from ctr card and exported the save to SD card. I copied those save directories to the appropriate directories When I import the save I get error -7. What could I possibly be doing wrong? I did this for animal crossing and it worked fine.

I played these USA cartridges on a USA 3ds. Now I have EUR N3ds. the us 3ds was on 9.0. The EUR N3DS is on 9.0.

What could possibly be the problem? Thank you in advance to anybody who took a look at this thread. This has been driving me nuts for months.

EDIT: Solved. For these games I needed to use R+A to import to SD card instead of what I usually do, just hit A to import.

Last edited by chango,

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must delete the save value first. After it, just import your save data. You can delete the value with R+X

Otherwise if its not working for you, I can't help you.

Last edited by Traiver,

chango

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
You must delete the save value first. After it, just import your save data. You can delete the value with R+X

Otherwise if its not working for you, I can't help you.

The secure value had been deleted. I had to hit R+A to import the data to SD card instead of just A to import. Worked fine with all 3 games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there