savedatafiler Failure level -7 trying to import Smash Bros/Pokemon

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by chango, Dec 20, 2015.

1. chango
    OP

chango GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2005
    Syria
    I'm trying to import a savegame from a USA Smash bros and USA Pokemon cartridge to the same games installed via CIA, USA versions.

I dumped the cartridges by booting to a rxtools emunand and loaded savedatafiler, deleted the secure value from ctr card and exported the save to SD card. I copied those save directories to the appropriate directories When I import the save I get error -7. What could I possibly be doing wrong? I did this for animal crossing and it worked fine.

I played these USA cartridges on a USA 3ds. Now I have EUR N3ds. the us 3ds was on 9.0. The EUR N3DS is on 9.0.

What could possibly be the problem? Thank you in advance to anybody who took a look at this thread. This has been driving me nuts for months.

EDIT: Solved. For these games I needed to use R+A to import to SD card instead of what I usually do, just hit A to import.

Last edited by chango, Dec 20, 2015
  2. Traiver

Traiver GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 1, 2014
    Germany
    Pew! *Out of the bag*
    You must delete the save value first. After it, just import your save data. You can delete the value with R+X

Otherwise if its not working for you, I can't help you.

Last edited by Traiver, Dec 20, 2015
  3. chango
    OP

chango GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2005
    Syria
    The secure value had been deleted. I had to hit R+A to import the data to SD card instead of just A to import. Worked fine with all 3 games.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice