Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I walked into AP Biology and my teacher says in his Spanish accent, "Okay, I'm collecting your labs. Please pass them up.
biggrin.gif
" Then it hits me. I forgot to print out my answer to the last lab analysis question. So I started to freak out for all of about 10 seconds when I realize my computer is on and LogMeIn is running in the background. WOOT. I ask if I can borrow his printer, he says, "No but you print something." I laugh and run over to his computer. I go to LogMeIn.com and log in. My PC shows up and I enter its access code. I was worried it wasn't going to work due to the fact the computer was running an old version of IE. Nonetheless, LogMeIn accessed my desktop using some Java application and I uploaded my document to the school's grading system. I logged out of my desktop and moved back to the original's PC's desktop to download the document. Printed it out and I was home free.

Anyone else use LogMeIn like this? Very helpful.

homework* in the title.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Not used logmein, but I have used various combinations of VPNs, SSH tunnels and RDP to sort out things remotely.

Also used gotoassist express about a week ago to remotely fix some issues with my brothers laptop, his internet upload speed is only something like 8kbps and yet it still worked extremely well (I went in to it expecting a lag fest, so was pleasantly surprised)

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
I love LogMeIn... It's nice, because I have ~30 clients for computer work, and it saves me trouble talking to the computer-illiterate ones and just say "let me log in real quick..."

I am homeschooled (oh yeah!), so if I forget to print something, "Uh, lemme run downstairs real quick," suffices, but it would save my chops often if I were going to public/private school.

LogMeIn is so useful, eh?

Also, in black-and-white mode, it's actually quite quick when logging into a Dial-Up computer from a DSL line... IDK about Dial-Up to Dial-Up...

Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I starting to feel like TeamViewer is better alternative to LogMeIn. It has most of the features of LogMeIn Pro and is completely free. Teamviewer has file sharing & easy invitations to people while those are only available on LogMeIn Pro, not Free. With TeamViewer, you have the client go over to their site and run a very small executable with will just display an ID & passcode for the owner (us) to type in to the software on our computer and control the client's computer. With LogMeIn, they need to add themselves to our account which requires us being there or giving away account information unless you have the Pro version in which case, then you can send out invitation emails.

Although, TeamViewer also lacks WOL. LogMeIn Free doesn't have WOL either but its Pro version does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.