Save_manager Pokémon Moon problem

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by jucaa, Nov 18, 2016.

1. jucaa
    OP

jucaa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2012
    United States
    So far i have used profi200's save_manager to import and export my save file from Pokémon XY and ORAS.

I tried to use with lurantis Moon leak and it still worked. Today i got the freeshop version of Moon.

Now when i boot save_manager and choose pokémon Moon the 3ds freeze with the bottom screen red.

I know there is JKSM, but i like save_manager for it simplicity.

Any help as to why its freezing?

Last edited by jucaa, Nov 18, 2016

2. arieromaci

arieromaci Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Brazil
    i got the same damn problem, i hope someone knows how to fix it :unsure:

Last edited by arieromaci, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Nokocchi52

Nokocchi52 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2016
    United States
    I keep getting a Yellow screen on save manager with a cartridge version of Moon, it won't let me back up the save for some reason

4. arieromaci

arieromaci Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Brazil
    maybe the official is encrypted, or the problem is the freeshop release?

5. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    Guys I no you may not like jksm for whatever reason but trust me it's actually very simple and it's updated and works compared to this so just use that.

gamefan5 likes this.
  6. arieromaci

arieromaci Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Brazil
    i got the red screen on JKSM too

7. 4gionz

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    You using cfw? If not what firmware are you on?

8. arieromaci

arieromaci Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Brazil
    I'm have rxtools emunand 11.2, idk if is the right answer for you question. I'm kinda noob in this kinda thing.

9. Nokocchi52

Nokocchi52 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2016
    United States
    I'm on 9.2 and have used the program in the past with no problems, it just can't get past the yellow screen for some reason. If it helps any I use Browserhax, currently using a mirror server.

Last edited by Nokocchi52, Nov 18, 2016
  10. Vorpal Blade

Vorpal Blade Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    서울시
    You should initialize a new save file on the legit/freeshop edition before transferring the leak save file.

Laid out Instructions

This way worked for me.

11. 4gionz

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    Rxtools is dead switch to luma. There are a lot of tutorials for it and it's really easy(replace 2 files) then try again also try using the cia version if your not already since I think version 11.2 introduce pasor which may mess with some home brew launching from home brew launcher

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If
    If your on 9.2 follow plailect guide and get yourself cfw/a9lh you won't regret it and you can use the .cia version of jksm which I can guarantee works on luma cfw on 11.2

12. Skullkandy69

Skullkandy69 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2016
    United States
    Omg yes but i get a yellow screen> Anyone know how to fix this?

13. arieromaci

arieromaci Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Brazil
    do you know where i can find the .cia, 'cause the only thing i found here was the homebrew?

14. 4gionz

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    https://github.com/Wolvan/Homebr3w/releases

Use this it's a programme called Homebr3w it downloads and installs homebrew directly to home screen, like freeshop but for homebrew.

15. Skullkandy69

Skullkandy69 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2016
    United States
    I tried doing that I still don't understand? I have homebrew running buut the guide doesn't help I really cant understand it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Im on 9.2 but I don't wanna upgrade then lose access to hombrew

16. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    Not necessary for this issue. I've used RxTools for a long time, and it is still functional. It may not be the most optimal, but it works, and considering 90% of the people that use RxTools just use RxMode, the tools being broken is kind of an invalid argument.

17. arieromaci

arieromaci Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Brazil
    I can get along with rx tools, even tho i lost all my games 2 times, but its really hard to find good tutorials to 3ds systems in my language, and i'm always scared to brick my console for doing something i misunderstood

18. 4gionz

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    It's not just the tools being broken it's the fact that it uses firmware.bin that is ancient, 1 new game(animal crossing dlc) already doesn't work, doesn't add the svc backdoor back in 11.2 to allow certain homebrew to work and the list goes on and on.

Do whatever you want, if rxtools works for you it works keep using it but also you shouldn't expect to get support or help for it since that MAY be one of the problems and you refuse to change 2 files on your sd to help troubleshooting.

Ps changing cfw is as simple as changing 2 files. You don't need to install A9Lh to change cfw

Last edited by 4gionz, Nov 18, 2016
  19. arieromaci

arieromaci Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Brazil
    do you know where i can find the tutorial? i press export save in jksm and when i look in the folder is empty, maybe doing that you said may solve my problems

Last edited by arieromaci, Nov 18, 2016
  20. arieromaci

arieromaci Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2016
    Brazil
    So, finally i was able to extract and inject the old save of Pokemon Moon with JKSM, if it is injected with another save already open in the game it will crash.
    I thought i would have to use Hex Editor and need a new save, just as i used to when i was going to inject my old saves when i lost my gen6 games.