Save question.

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Armadillo, Aug 19, 2006.

Aug 19, 2006

Save question. by Armadillo at 5:38 PM (643 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Armadillo
    OP

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If I want to delete a rom , but backup the saves do I just copy the .0,.1 and .2 file for the game and stick them on the pc?. Also do I have to use the U-disk manager to do so , or can I just copy & paste, drag and drop or whatever to my hdd from the card?.

Also when I go to put them back at a later date , do I just copy them back across and game will load them , or is there another step?.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    you only need to copy the .0-.2 files, to save some space, you only need to copy the ones you used as you likely won't be using all 3.

3. Battalia

Newcomer Battalia Advanced Member

United States
    To be sure you have a current backup - boot up the G6 and highlight the game you want and press the SEL KEY - then select default->1 from the menu to backup the current save to the .1 save file. Then just copy that file to your PC. Later, copy it back to the G6 and use 1->default to make it the current save.

4. Armadillo
    OP

United Kingdom
    I thought it automatically updates the file on the card when you soft reset or power back up , when it's saying data processing.

Do I still need to do that , or if I've already reseted or powered back up and it's done that can I just copy the files?.

5. Battalia

Newcomer Battalia Advanced Member

United States
    The method I described above is the manual way to be sure you have a current backup. I think you're right about the automatic backup, but if you want to be sure, you might want to take this small extra precaution.

6. Armadillo
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ok , so think I got it now. Just make sure the save is the current one , then just copy the save files to the pc (I'll do all three as space is no concern) , then just copy them back to the card when I want to use them again , and thats it ?.

Should really be some explaination with the g6 [​IMG].

7. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    You don't need to do the default->1 and 1->default thing. If you only ever used the default save, just copy the .0 file.