Hacking Save Question about the SCDS1.

SamusKnight2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as it uses Moonshell as its main OS I need to ask, does this card save directly to the SD card like the R4 does or does it keep your saves backed up internally to the cart until you switch games?

EDIT: I think the question might be a little confusing so what I mean is when you choose to save in a game does it save it DIRECTLY to the SD card or does it save it to the internal memory of the flashcart until you switch games/boot back into the OS?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you have save-patching enabled it saves directly to the microSD/microSDHC, if you run the rom in clean mode (clean mode=all patches disabled) it saves to a capacitor which then backups the save when you restart your DS.

SamusKnight2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
If you have save-patching enabled it saves directly to the microSD/microSDHC, if you run the rom in clean mode (clean mode=all patches disabled) it saves to a capacitor which then backups the save when you restart your DS.

Save-Patching... I know the R4 saves directly to the SD card, but does running the save patch on the Supercard reduce the compatibility for NDS games?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
SamusKnight2K said:
Minox_IX said:

Save-Patching... I know the R4 saves directly to the SD card, but does running the save patch on the Supercard reduce the compatibility for NDS games?
I haven't noticed any difference, and I have it enabled all the time.

If you do encounter some compatibility problem, then just disable all patches and see if it helps.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
SamusKnight2K said:
Minox_IX said:

I haven't noticed any difference, and I have it enabled all the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.