Save PUSHING DAISIES

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by marko1986, Nov 29, 2008.

Nov 29, 2008

Save PUSHING DAISIES by marko1986 at 9:05 AM (1,005 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. marko1986
    OP

Newcomer marko1986 Advanced Member

Croatia
    I am so sad and devastated that they have cancelled this amazing and extraordinary show. It is one of the best TV series I have ever seen. If you have time, please sign the petition to help. It is made by Bryan Fuller and it is very original, different than any other show. It is witty, charming, smart, cute, colorful, brilliant! The cast is amazing! There is even some singing in a few episodes and when I am watching it, it feels like a trip to a fairytale land..I love it so much.

Petition:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/daisies/petition.html

Save Daisies website:
    http://savedaisies.com/

Pushing Daisies was nominated for ten Emmy awards, including Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series (Lee Pace), Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (Kristin Chenoweth), and Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series (Bryan Fuller). It won three, for Outstanding Direction of a Comedy Series (Barry Sonnenfeld), Outstanding Original Score (Jim Dooley), and Outstanding Editing of a Comedy Series.

2. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    Online petitions do not do shit... Also there has only been 1 show that I seen be brought back because fans wanted it bad enough... And that was Jericho for another season, then they canceled it again... The way the fans were able to bring it back was with 20tons of peanuts I think it was... So good luck...

3. Galacta

Member Galacta >:)

Australia
    Never heard.

Though it has a spectacular amount of nominations and awards. [​IMG]

4. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Oh man, I really like this series... It has something special to it, like the narrator or the clothes people are wearing. As you stated it has a little bit of a fairytale-feeling which I think is very nice and charming.

I signed the partition (but I also signed the Shenmue III partition a few years ago [​IMG] )

5. marko1986
    OP

Newcomer marko1986 Advanced Member

Croatia
    Thanks! Yeah, the show has a lot of charm. I hope they do a movie if not another season (Fuller mentioned a possible movie if the series is cancelled, or a comic book).

I think that even though petition usually don`t help much, there is this feeling of hope, trying to save your favorite show. I have sent a few messages to US TV networks about Pushing daisies. I feel much better trying to help save the show.

6. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    That show is being aired in TV in Greece, it is really weird, I can't say I really like it [​IMG]
    Edit: I signed the petition.
    Edit 2: I'm watching the show right now and it seems to be interesting and nice [​IMG]

7. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Doubtful, although after Family Guy coming back and Jericho seeing a second wind, there may be a chance.

8. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Seems like all the good shows that are critically acclaimed always get canceled, while The Simpsons continues to dominate the ratings, yet worsens exponentially each season.

I haven't seen this show, but I share the pain as an Arrested Development fan

9. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    And Futurama, but that was because the rights were bought by another station.