evil_puck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I bought a new Ez Omega Definitive Edition Flash Card.
Updated it on 1.04.
Games boot but I have a big issue with saving.
First of all some of the games directly give me a "your save is corrupted" even if there was no save file.
Sometimes one or two slots seem to be corrupted in a game from the begin with. But the "good" save slot also does not work.

Cheats and everything is off (clean boot) and I run the Card in Mode B.
I formated the 64 gig Card with exfat on mac.

Last edited by evil_puck,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I bought a new Ez Omega Definitive Edition Flash Card.
Updated it on 1.04.
Games boot but I have a big issue with saving.
First of all some of the games directly give me a "your save is corrupted" even if there was no save file.
Sometimes one or two slots seem to be corrupted in a game from the begin with. But the "good" save slot also does not work.

Cheats and everything is off (clean boot) and I run the Card in Mode A.
I formated the 64 gig Card with exfat on mac.
Battery reads 3V?

evil_puck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I set the clock - reboot - clock still there so it seems to me the battery is fine

Played Yoshis Island - loaded - made a new Save - played some levels -> shut down the system. Again corrupted save file. :-(

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I set the clock - reboot - clock still there so it seems to me the battery is fine

Played Yoshis Island - loaded - made a new Save - played some levels -> shut down the system. Again corrupted save file. :-(
Played Yoshis Island - loaded - made a new Save - played some levels -> Press L+R to popup menu(goomba update the sram)-->shut down the system.

evil_puck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Played Yoshis Island - loaded - made a new Save - played some levels -> Press L+R to popup menu(goomba update the sram)-->shut down the system.
Hi but if I load the game (even if the .sav file is deleted) save currupt. Same with most other games. L+R does not do a thing it seems.

Save Type = Auto
clean boot

Also the .sav file is always updated after reboot. So this works fine. Saving via Savestate also np but the save via the gba rom directly is messed up.

The picture is:
Save is corrupted
but A B C and Highscore "OK" ...strange

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Ok, I re-read your post and the problem is with exfat and Mac.

SD cards formatted in exfat format using disk utility on a mac will not work properly on EZ products.

Because the mac's disk utility's formatted exfat is missing a file attribute, this problem that has been widely circulated in the Nintendo switch homebrew community.

Please use windows formatted exfat or use a 32GB sd card on a mac and format it as fat32.

evil_puck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, use a windows to do the format. Trust me, I'm a Mac user for over a decade.
I used a windows PC now and formated the 64gig Samsung Evo Plus with 32kb exFat. Same issue happens. save data corrupt. For all tested games. Same Issue if I do not use 32kb but standard.

The card creates the save files as expacted. For Super Mario Advance it will directly give me a save Error before even starting...

1636974221796.png

@EZ-Flash2

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
OK, I can offer some advices

1. read the manual. https://www.ezflash.cn/omegade-en.pdf
2. rename the filename to shorter one, remove the brackets, dash, comma, period (not the extension splitter)
3. turn on the auto save in the fourth tab of the kernel.
4. use hash tools to verify the rom is clean of not, you can type below command in terminal of macOS to verify the file hash. compare the md5 value with any known romlist.
Code:
openssl md5 romfilename

5. go macOS AppStore, find CleanMyDrive2 and install it. run it, use it eject your SD card. it will remove any macOS autogenerated hidden files of all the files on SD card when ejecting.

deltax5

Trophies
XP
Country
I had issue with my original omega. with saving and stuff.
It works now with a new sd card. Herd it's a problem with omega. Guess get a good brand and hope for the best..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1