Save Problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Raginginferno133, May 17, 2008.

May 17, 2008

Save Problem by Raginginferno133 at 9:14 PM (1,074 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Raginginferno133
    OP

Newcomer Raginginferno133 Newbie

United States
    Well a while ago I backed up my diamond save file on the computer then I deleted pokemon off my r4's microsd. I recently put pokemon back on the r4 microsd along with the save. However it created a new game where you input you name etc.. . When you open the file using pokesav you can see that it has pokemon in the strorage boxes and everything else like game time and so forth. Also when i boot up the rom is doesnt ask to create a new save which is how i know it was using my save and it made a new game of it but when you check it STILL has pokemon in the strorage boxes and everything else, when in actual game they are not there. Sorry if my endlish is bad, learning [​IMG]

2. ArvinaLove

Member ArvinaLove GBAtemp Regular

United States
    everything you stated was clear until the last sentence.
    lemme get this straight.
    1. You used to have Pokemon and a save of it but the you deleted the game but kept the save.
    2. You put Pokemon back on to the R4 and tried to open your old save with no success.

Are you sure the save is in the right format? Have you tried editing a new save file?

3. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    When you put the rom back on your microsd card, make sure that the rom and the save file are exactly the same.

For example,

Pokemon Diamond (E).nds MUST MATCH
    Pokemon Diamond (E).sav

Otherwise it will not work.

4. Raginginferno133
    OP

Newcomer Raginginferno133 Newbie

United States
    The format is right and the names match. I put Pokemon back on to the R4 and tried to open my old save with success, but it starts a new game and doesnt bring me back to the point where i left off. As for the other post the games names do match perfectly.

5. Tri3dgE

Newcomer Tri3dgE Member

Philippines
    maybe the format of your file is ".BAK", if that's the case place it in your SD card, boot the r4, go to games then press select until it puts you on the "Save" files, highlight the .BAK file and press "A" it should ask you if you want to restore the file and just choose "YES".

6. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Tri3dgE is right, maybe your save file extension is .BAK. Save files should be in .sav extensions, try pressing A while highlighting your save file, it might ask you to restore your save file.