theedge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I have a few problems with the card actually

Sometimes I will play a game and everything will be fine,then Ill switch it off and come back to play later...and poof all my saved game is gone. All I did was turn it off then do something else for 30 min and turned the ds back on...and its gone

This happened a few times...just today with Animal crossing (the game boots up fine but my saved game is gone...and I was playing it literally 5 min before)
Last time it happened with Mario Kart (actually my save file for mario kart got erased like 4 times...)
that was enough for me so I just stopped playing...

Apart from that everything is fine and I love the card and AKAIO but when all the time you put in a game like animal crossing disappear like that...its really frustrating

The mario kart problem happened to me with different version of AKAIO like 2 months ago with 1.7 and 2 weeks ago with 1.8 and so on

anybody has any idea what might be the problem?
I did format my SD card a couple of time...I did update all the loaders and everything but nothing seems to work

I have a Kingston 4gb and the acekard 2i both bought at tempshop and I'm starting to think that the SD might be the problem??
any help would be truly appreciated

theedge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Are you checking to make sure the save file is still there? Not in-game, I'm talking about the actual .sav file on your microsd card in the same directory as the ROM.

Well like I said the game saved fine before and when i decided to load it back after 30 min it was gone.
I did save it correctly and so on

and yes after I checked on my computer and the save is there but I think the card might make a new save when you boot the game? I mean if the old save got deleted maybe the card just created a new .sav file on the SD
cuz when I look at the time it says "last modified ...(like 3 min ago when i turned my ds on)"

theedge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
1 - What's the filesize of the sav?

2 - Have you tried renaming it from .sav to .SAV?

3 - Is it .sav, or .nds.sav?

1. 512kb like most of my saves

2.I did, didn't change anything

3.its .sav

The thing is...I loaded that save multiple time before this happened...same thing for mario kart...just one day, like that its gone...for no reason...and the card seems to make a new save file...with nothing in it just like if I started the game for the very first time (like i said the .sav file has a modified time of when I started back the ds...even if, of course, I didn't save anything after I saw that all my stuff was gone)

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theedge said:
Rydian said:
1 - What's the filesize of the sav?

2 - Have you tried renaming it from .sav to .SAV?

3 - Is it .sav, or .nds.sav?

1. 512kb like most of my saves

2.I did, didn't change anything

3.its .sav

The thing is...I loaded that save multiple time before this happened...same thing for mario kart...just one day, like that its gone...for no reason...and the card seems to make a new save file...with nothing in it just like if I started the game for the very first time (like i said the .sav file has a modified time of when I started back the ds...even if, of course, I didn't save anything after I saw that all my stuff was gone)
Sounds like your saves are corrupting, to me. But then again, usually it would tell you that the save corrupted, in the case of modern games, at least. Can anyone confirm what happens in Mario Kart and Animal Crossing when your save gets corrupted? (I don't have those games.)

theedge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iluvfupaburgers said:
make sure your acekard is set up so it reads .sav files instead of.nds.sav

Its already like that...cuz like I said before, I can load my saved game a few times...sometimes for a month before this happens
I just did a new Animal Crossing game...started from the scratch and then after finishing the begining
I saved...reloaded and it's fine
so I make a backup
Reload to check....still fine
I go to bed and the next day it's gone
What is wrong with that exactly? cuz some games I never have any problem but some it seems it's doomed to be like that
I don't mind doing backup but I can't do them every 5 min

theedge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sinistral89 said:
There also is the probability of your microSD card breaking down for good?
I don't think so since all my other stuff loads and saves fine...not to mention that its only 4 months old just some specific games...and not all the time

QUOTE said:
just try formating your sd card and putting a new version of akaio again. remember to backup first

I did reformat a bunch of times and it stills randomly does that

Are you shutting down immediately after saving? Maybe try leaving your DS on a minute or two after it finishes saving.

and usually I wait a bit before turning my ds off and it doesnt seem to change anything...what Im doing now is putting my save on my computer everytime I finish playing...but its a pain in the ass...

fugzilla

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I am new and all, but I feel relieved that it is not just me. I have had a DS Lite in the past, with CycloDS Evolution. I recently upgraded to a DSi, and decided to get AK2i. It works okay, but I do keep losing some of my saves, as well. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I have the Stormbreaker icon, and all new SDHC card. I followed the setup procedures in the sticky notes. I'm not sure what else to do. It is frustrating to get to a certain point in a game, though, and later lose everything. I might do what you're doing, though, and start saving my .sav to my computer for backup. This is a bit disappointing, though, because I never had any problems on Cyclo.
frown.gif
If you get it worked out, please update this. I am hoping for my AK2i to be more reliable in the future!

theedge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fugzilla said:
Well, I am new and all, but I feel relieved that it is not just me. I have had a DS Lite in the past, with CycloDS Evolution. I recently upgraded to a DSi, and decided to get AK2i. It works okay, but I do keep losing some of my saves, as well. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I have the Stormbreaker icon, and all new SDHC card. I followed the setup procedures in the sticky notes. I'm not sure what else to do. It is frustrating to get to a certain point in a game, though, and later lose everything. I might do what you're doing, though, and start saving my .sav to my computer for backup. This is a bit disappointing, though, because I never had any problems on Cyclo.
frown.gif
If you get it worked out, please update this. I am hoping for my AK2i to be more reliable in the future!

I see you have this problem as well!

That's the thing that I don't understand...why some games will always work perfectly and some will randomly delete the save?

anyway for now I have been lucky with AC and it didn't delete for a few days...but I still back up everything on my computer

What I'm currently doing is

-I moved the rom to a different folder so it's by itself
-When I save I leave it on for 5 minute before turning it off
-Try to re-download your rom...I downloaded mine 2 times and it didn't change anything but I downloaded it a 3rd time and *fingers crossed* it seems better

Good luck

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh damn, what's up with Acekard nowadays?
blink.gif
Wasn't it supposed to be one of the best carts??

I have my own problems, but I didn't notice that save-delleting thing. I'll test with my Mario Kart for a while [actually, I belive I did play a bit with it... but still...]

Also, the new AKAIO seems to be giving problems to people too... what's up with that? :/

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually, I did read that tutorial, and I'm not having save deletion problems as of now - but this bit slipped by me:

QUOTE said:
From December 2009 until the present, a batch of Acekard 2.1's were produced with featured a different Flash Memory I.C. These have been refered to as the 'bad batch' as at the time neither AKAIO or the official software were able to save. This has been addressed with AKAIO 1.7 which works with them, so they can no longer be considered the 'bad batch'. You must use AKAIO 1.7 with these.

I wonder if the "bad batch" is still being produced, and if the new versions of AKAIO [1.8 and up] have the same fix - if yes for both, then that's why I'm not having the save problems... But it doesn't answer my other problems.

fugzilla

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
theedge said:
fugzilla said:
frown.gif

I see you have this problem as well!

That's the thing that I don't understand...why some games will always work perfectly and some will randomly delete the save?

anyway for now I have been lucky with AC and it didn't delete for a few days...but I still back up everything on my computer

What I'm currently doing is

-I moved the rom to a different folder so it's by itself
-When I save I leave it on for 5 minute before turning it off
-Try to re-download your rom...I downloaded mine 2 times and it didn't change anything but I downloaded it a 3rd time and *fingers crossed* it seems better

Good luck

Thanks for the advice. I have wondered if maybe putting it in a separate folder would help. I may try doing that. Thanks for the update!

bellzemos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same problems with my Acekard with the exact games. I have problems with Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, and Kirbys Ultimate Superstar. I reformated and reinstalled the games and I still have the same problems. The other Kirby games I have work perfectly but Super Star keeps asking to delete corrupted save everytime I start. Animal Crossing always starts over but Super Scribblenauts works perfectly? I have been using Acekards since 1.4.1 and I have only had a few problems that I fixed no problem. This has me stumped.

I reformated the 8GB Sandisk.
I reinstalled the Kernal.
I reinstalled the games and even tried creating new saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended