"Save on cart games" with superkey

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by tgc_9013, Jul 6, 2006.

Jul 6, 2006
  1. tgc_9013
    OP

Member tgc_9013 GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    How can I save games that save on the DS cartridge with a superkey inserted? [​IMG]

2. meangreenie

Banned meangreenie Banned

United Kingdom
    Start it up with the passkey in, then once at the menu, replace it with a DS cart while powerd up, then start the game.

Or install flashme.

3. aeonian

Newcomer aeonian Newbie

Sweden
    excuse me but this might also answere a topic I posted elsewhere ...

Does this mean that if I want to save on Animal Crossing or Mario Kart, I need to remove the passcard3 and put in an original cart (I only have brain age, hopefully it´s enough) ?

I ask this because I tried all the options for my MiniSD M3 + Passcard3 with V22a Game manager ... and I keep getting "can´t save / remove card and reboot" message when launching the above games !

4. meangreenie

Banned meangreenie Banned

United Kingdom

Something is wrong with you're M3 or setup on it.

AFAIK the M3 shouldn't have problems with those games.

5. aeonian

Newcomer aeonian Newbie

Sweden
    that´s what I thought - it seems odd to have the problem with 3 games that even have differetn memory for saves (animal crossing, mario kart and rainbow island ) [​IMG]

I got the M3 just to avoid all the old problems of the flash linkers and save memory on gba (like losing a tactics ogre save with 50 hours)
    [​IMG]

Tonight I will try to reformat the flash card making sure it´s fat32 (haven´t checked that yet, even if I guess 2gb mini sd are fat32 by default?)

I will also try re-flashing to the V22a but maybe I should downgrade to V21 and use that game manager?

I jsut want to rule out any h/w failure since I need to deceide wether to return it to Divineo or not (hope not!)

6. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

I have no problems with those games, though I didn't use the V22a game manager (I am using the E22 firmware), but it should work fine. Using a M3 SD slim here. Try using the 3.14 game manager (you can keep the E22 firmware) and see if it helps, if not then send your M3 in for replacement.