Save files (EZ-flash IV lite to CycloEvolution)

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by acecube, Jul 4, 2007.

Jul 4, 2007
  1. acecube
    OP

Newcomer acecube Member

Germany
    Hello,

today i got a new cyclo-ds-evolution. before that, i used a EZ-flash IV. how can i use my old save files??????
    i'm asking that because there is a little difference between the save-files!

for example:
    i tried to load mario-kart (which i copied with the ez-iv-client to my micro-sd) but it didn't load. screen was black. but when i tried to load it, the card created a savegame in the same directory (that directory where the game is placed):

that is the usual tree by using EZ-flash IV client:

[root]
    mariokart.ds (25.664kb)
    [root\saver]
    mariokart.sav (256kb)

When i tried to load mariokart with cyclo-ds-evolution, the following file was created, but the game wasn't loaded:

[root]
    mariokart.sav (512kb)

so i tried the following:
    i copied (drag'n'drop) mariokart.ds to the root-directory (before that i renamed it to mk.nds)

[root]
    mk.ds (32.768kb)
    mk.sav (512kb) that was created after i loaded the game (now successfully)

after that i copied my old ez-flash-iv-save-file
    [saver]
    mariokart.sav (215kb)
    to my root dir and renamed it to mk.sav (overwrote the old 512kb file)

i loaded mk.ds and i had my old save times :-D
    after that i shut down my ds, the save file was now (512kb) big

i don't know whether that little complicated method works with every old save file...
    perhaps you know a better solution....

another strange fact is, that the game is much bigger with drag'n'drop (i think it's not dumped or so)

is there a way to make the games a little smaller (like the ez-iv-client did)???

thank you all for reading my problem and thank you for any kind of help!!!

2. quartercast

Member quartercast GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    To convert saves, you can use this web-based tool:

Savegame converter

You want to convert from EZIV to R4 (CycloDS and R4 have the same savetype.) I don't know how big EZIV saves are, but CycloDS savs are 512kb. And no, you can't compress these down in a usable form.

3. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    As far as i know, ez4 saves are 256kb (unless pokemon etc which are 512) in the same format as supercard lite and g6.

Unfortunately for some strange reason some converters think that ez4 saves are 172 kb [​IMG] ???

4. Buu666

Newcomer Buu666 Newbie

Thanks for the link quartercast!
    I was looking for something like this to convert my m3 savegame to cyclods and it worked perfectly

5. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    The CycloDS should read EZ4 files (and convert them to 512KB) just fine. All I do is copy them to the root of my card, make sure they're named the same as the rom, and I have no issues.

6. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, you don't need to "convert" the save, just put it in the same directory with the NDS and with the same filename, except a .SAV extension and they always work fine. This goes for saves created in slot-2 carts, saves created in emulators, saves dumped directly from the original card, etc.

...word is bondage...