Hacking Save file went back in time 2 saves?

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my gf was playing majoras mask, she puts it on today and she has gone back not 1, but 2 times she saved, and i cant figure out why or how this would happen, she was only about an hour difference in, but i saw her save, and reload her save once, this is on sysnand 4.5 with gateways newest firmware on 11.1(or whatevers newest) emunand.

Im just worried its going to happen again farther in the game.

Last edited by Ericthegreat,

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
this is a problem with 3ds flashcarts and how it save. gateway saves .3ds games to the sd card when you close the game not while playing the game. (so it's good to close the game every once in a while to create the save on the sd card.) if the 3ds battery dies while the game is on or the 3ds freezes it didn't save to the sd card. this is one of the reason i switch to cia (had several saves either not saving or got corrupted), since installed games saves properly and only use .3ds version of games i don't have cia for.

Last edited by omarroms,
Reactions: Ericthegreat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
this is a problem with 3ds flashcarts and how it save. gateway saves .3ds games to the sd card when you close the game not while playing the game. (so it's good to close the game every once in a while to create the save on the sd card.) if the 3ds battery dies while the game is on or the 3ds freezes it didn't save to the sd card. this is one of the reason i switch to cia (had several saves either not saving or got corrupted), since installed games saves properly and only use .3ds version of games i don't have cia for.
TL;DR for OP: with Gateway, the save is not truly saved until you press Home and quit the game. If you turn off the console while playing, anything you save is gone.

Reactions: Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I played through a few games and didnt have this problem, but I got scared and just got her a cia and transfered her save.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...