Emulation Save File Transfer.

Xavier.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been asking this around on Reddit but I never got the answer I was looking for. I mostly got very condescending answers and all of them seem to be glossing over what I had just explained. Those answers being to get the PS3 MemCard adapter, followed by "It doesn't work for everyone." or "It's not compatible with PC." Plus it's a little too expensive for me since I only plan on using it once or so.

I got myself a Series S back in June and I have my emulators set up. My PS2 has been having issues as of late so I decided rip the ROMs from their discs using a tutorial on YouTube and all is well. The ISOs and .CHD files work as intended.

My question:
Is it possible to migrate my save files from my PS2 MemCards to RetroArch? I have access to FMCB and LaunchELF, which if I recall correctly, can double as a File Explorer. Can I use LaunchELF to transfer those files to the pen drive and use them in RetroArch? If so, is someone willing to provide me with a quick tutorial on how to do this? Thank you in advance!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can use LaunchELF to copy games to a USB drive, or over network if you have a network adapter on your PS2. Simply navigate to the memory card in LaunchELF, copy whatever saves, and then navigate to your USB drive and paste them there.

From that point, you'll need to transfer the memory card files used by PCSX2 on your Series S to your PC, use a program called MyMC to add the saves you ripped from your PS2 memory card to those memory card files, and then transfer those updated files back to your Series S.

Reactions: Xavier.

Xavier.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, you can use LaunchELF to copy games to a USB drive, or over network if you have a network adapter on your PS2. Simply navigate to the memory card in LaunchELF, copy whatever saves, and then navigate to your USB drive and paste them there.

From that point, you'll need to transfer the memory card files used by PCSX2 on your Series S to your PC, use a program called MyMC to add the saves you ripped from your PS2 memory card to those memory card files, and then transfer those updated files back to your Series S.
It was as straightforward as I thought it was, apparently. Thought the file format of those files on the MemCards would just be incompatible with anything, so I didn't bother trying. Thank you! I love your name lmao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Probably like a 10,000 dollar build back then