Hardware Save file on original cart different from one made with flash cart&#33

RuneEdge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I started playing Final Fantasy 6 Advance on an emulator and my flash cart and I was transfering the save file between PC and flash cart depending on where I wanted to play the game. Everything worked fine but eventually I bought the game and my plan was to transfer the save file from the emulator and continue playing on the original cart using FlashManager
The problem is that it doesnt work, lol. For some reason, the save file from the flash cart and the one on the original cart have different sizes. The original cart has one thats 32kb while the one on the flash cart and the emulator is 64kb. I tried using FlashManager to transfer the file but it won't allow me to do it because of the size difference. I double checked the region of both the cart and the rom I was originally using and they're exactly the same. I even went as far as dumping the original cart I'm using, loading that up in the emulator, and creating a new save file but even that one doesnt match. For some reason, the original cart only creates 32kb saves while the flash cart keeps telling me that the same game is using a 64kb save file. I dumped the 32kb save from the original cart and loaded it up in the emulator to see if it works, and it does. But the moment I save the game again, it rewrites the save with the new 64kb size.

Can anyone help me out here? I've spent hours on my save on the PC but I can't use it on the original cart.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
You could always just hex edit the file and trim off the whole second half of it. If you have no idea what I just said, upload it somewhere and I'll do it for you. But don't make a habit of it, this is a one-time offer.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Try using a different app to put the save onto the game cart, such as GBA Backup Tool (assuming you have a way to run DS homebrew and not only a GBA-only flashcart)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1