Hacking Save file interchangeable between pokemon retail cart and ROM? (injection from ROM to cart)

Deleted member 333767

OP
Trophies
XP
Hey guys, before this turns into the shit-storm that is a regular gbatemp thread, I will say first that I did ask this question in the 3DS noob paradise thread, to which no one replied AND that I spent a good hour yesterday trawling gbatemp using googles "site:http://......" search function and no one specifically had the answer to this question that I could see. Read the bold, over and over again, please. No smart ass LMGTFY, or search function links please.

Anyway, basically I am running a EU 3DS with a Gateway 3DS card. Because I couldn't wait one extra day, I settled for a US Pokemon Alpha Sapphire retail cart (as opposed to buying an EU cart to play on my other EU fully updated 3DS)

I have been playing this US cart region free using gateway classic mode. I am forever growing tired of this method (boot 3DS, enter gateway menu, insert red card, launch classic mode, pop out red card, put pokemon back in, etc.)

My question is, if I made a .3DZ private dump of my retail AS cart and begin playing it in emuNAND (to prevent the highly annoying card swapping) progress though the game and extract the save file from within the rom, is it possible to inject it back into to retail cart? Using gateway save restore function, perhaps?

The reason for this is physical cartridges give me a sense of security. As opposed to a ROM file being stored on removable storage and requiring a hack to be played..... My pokemon diamond cart is still going strong after 7 years....

Also, when Powersaves starts to support OR/AS, that is another reason I want my latest save back on the cartridge. Thanks for the helpful replies in advance. To the other usual troublemakers, well I hope you get cancer. :D

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gateway save dump/restore function works only for card1 games.
You could just dump your cart and the resulting 3dz would contain your save data.

Deleted member 333767

OP
Trophies
XP
If savedatafiler opens in classic mode then you can do that. Otherwise i don't believe there is a way

Savedatafiler doesn't work in classic mode, already tried that :( But thank you anyways.

Gateway save dump/restore function works only for card1 games.
You could just dump your cart and the resulting 3dz would contain your save data.

I've already dumped it and it's working perfectly inside emuNAND, I just want to get my save back inside my cartridge for PowerSaves and security. Thank you for your reply though.

Deleted member 333767

OP
Trophies
XP
Yeah, you can do it via the this CFW.

Oh dear, just looking at the tutorial to install that CFW makes my head hurt..... I don't think it's going to be worth it. Looks like I will be forever swapping cartridges.

GATEWAY TEAM: if you are reading these,please remove your silly limitation and make savedatafiler work in classic mode, please :yaynds:

Reactions: Margen67

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh dear, just looking at the tutorial to install that CFW makes my head hurt..... I don't think it's going to be worth it. Looks like I will be forever swapping cartridges.

GATEWAY TEAM: if you are reading these,please remove your silly limitation and make savedatafiler work in classic mode, please :yaynds:
I don't think Power Saves will be able to read the save data.
Just use SaveDataFiler and PKHeX.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou