Gaming Save file gone after removing cartridge

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I have no idea if you'll be able to help with this, but a little explanation as to what's going on would be great.

So, I've been playing a game for about a month on my PSTV and things are going great.
The game saves onto the system's memory card, which I thought was a good thing (apparently not).
So, a month later, I packed everything up and went back to college. Of course, I took out the cartridge of the game.
Today, after one week, I put back in the game and started the game.
My save file is gone.

What the heck happened? And is there any way to get it back?
I really REALLY don't have time to replay this whole game again. And I really don't want to have wasted $30 to not finish the game.

Last edited by Wellington2k,

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps did you take the game out when the system was on? It may have gotten corrupted or something like that if that happened.

Forgot to add, that sometimes if data is being copies from one source to another and is taken out before said data has finished moving it can be erased.

Last edited by Condarkness,

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Share saves? Ever heard of HenKaku? if you are on 3.60 firmware, do nooooooot update. If your are on 3.61...you are SOL! If you are on a lower firmware than 3.60, do NOT update. If its lower firmware head straight over to google and type wololo upgrade manually to specific firmware. You should come up with a website for wololo, and a guide that shows you how to update manually without going to 3.61. But if you are already on it, there is no hope (Atleast I think there is no hope, maybe someone else can confirm that).

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry man, I'm not trying to be an ass. I was simply trying to explain a bit in detail. Usually people like that. It could also be me venting cause I'm working on a Saturday....

Reactions: Rizzorules

Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps did you take the game out when the system was on? It may have gotten corrupted or something like that if that happened.

Forgot to add, that sometimes if data is being copies from one source to another and is taken out before said data has finished moving it can be erased.
I still don't know what happened, but I found the save file in a random folder on the system and got it back. Still strange, but at least I beat the game. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What GBA game should I play?