Mario92

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
OK I'm bit paranoid when it comes down to game save files. I have my PC and PS3 save files copied elsewhere and backuped in cloud. I just got external HDD for my Wii U as they didn't bother giving larger drive than 32gb which gets full from two digital titles. Two things I noticed was that HDD was formatted in some Nintendos own format so it's impossible to backup that without 1:1 copying and that moving or copying game moves save files with it!

So now all my saves are only on my external HDD and there isn't any way to move save files individually or backup them?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to export save files on Wii U. I supposed Nintendo got paranoid with all those save exploits back in Wii day.

Your only option is to make a 1:1 clone on external HDD, which also backs up games.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can make a backup with a smaller drive for your disc based games.

This sort of a silly unacceptable problem in my mind that they need to fix.

The save Dara's should be spectate from the game install and for disc based games the patch. Mostly buy discs and 8 gba drive made me pick and choose what to backup. This backup is console locked too. It's just silly.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
id say use another hdd and copy them over using the wii u. always look for computers in the trash. there is a good chance the hdd is still good and u can use it with a usb converter as a backup.
U could always image the drive and store the image on your pc

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
always look for computers in the trash. there is a good chance the hdd is still good and u can use it with a usb converter as a backup.
There are many local companies in my neighborhood and they throw out PCs in the trash after the leasing contract is up. There's literally dozens of perfectly good computers with HDDs, etc. still in tact. I wouldn't use them, though. Can never know when that HDD stops working. And a SATA-USB adapter sometimes costs as much as a small (250GB to 500GB) HDD... :) At least where I live that's the case...

To the OP... Cloning your HDD is not an option. The purpose of a backup is that you can restore from it. Well, should your Wii U brick, even if you have a 1:1 copy of the external HDD with all your saves, etc., you can't use it to restore your data to another Wii U. In other words, it's not worth it to make a 1:1 backup of your external HDD.

...What I mean to say is: You can't backup your saves.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While there is no current method to transfer saves from one wii u to another u can at-least protect your self against external drive failure. i use a 128 gb flash drive for digital downloads and i backup those saves on to other drives. it does not protect against your wii u failing.

shinkodachi, i wish local companies did that more often here. then id have more drives then i need. i have good uses for drives of all sizes. the small drives make good system drives for my servers and freeNAS servers. it dont matter if they fail as its all imaged. I just replace them as needed. usb adapters by me are about $20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: