Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello
So, I'm playing Pokemon Ash Gray Part II right now, and I'm trying to save the game to edit it
However, I'm getting an error message whenever I try :

Would you like to save the game? (YES NO)
There is already a saved file. Is it okay to overwrite it? (YES NO)
SAVING...
DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER...
Save error.
Please exchange the backup memory.

Can someone please explain me how to save?
thanks

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What emulator are you using? I'll assume it's from Retroarch, so just give the core.

Regarding the error message, this is usually because your emulator's save type is incorrectly configured. Normally for Pokemon games, it's Flash 128k, I assume this is also true for Ash Gray.

If it still doesn't work after setting the save type correctly, then it's likely the ROM you patched is corrupted, so you'll need another Firered ROM to patch (assuming you didn't download some random pre-patched game somewhere). As a side note, I don't think I've ever heard of "Pokemon Ash Gray Part II", the latest version of the (actual) Ash Gray patch is 4.5.3 and there's no such thing as a "part 2" from the original ROMhack creator.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What emulator are you using? I'll assume it's from Retroarch, so just give the core.

Regarding the error message, this is usually because your emulator's save type is incorrectly configured. Normally for Pokemon games, it's Flash 128k, I assume this is also true for Ash Gray.

If it still doesn't work after setting the save type correctly, then it's likely the ROM you patched is corrupted, so you'll need another Firered ROM to patch (assuming you didn't download some random pre-patched game somewhere). As a side note, I don't think I've ever heard of "Pokemon Ash Gray Part II", the latest version of the (actual) Ash Gray patch is 4.5.3 and there's no such thing as a "part 2" from the original ROMhack creator.
Well, I did download a pre patched rom
And Part II is actually the same thing as Pokemon Ash Gray original but with Johto region

As for setting up retroarch to 128k, can you tell me where i can do that please?
thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.