Save (E) version?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hydro, Sep 12, 2006.

Sep 12, 2006

Save (E) version? by Hydro at 6:19 PM (679 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Hydro
    OP

Newcomer Hydro Member

United States
    Hello all,

Just ordered my onyx ds lite + g6 after finally deciding on getting the system [​IMG]

There are a bunch of release that came out both in US and Europe format. I am wondering if there is a reason to keep European roms if there is a US rom. The only thing I can think of is because a (E) might work where in some cases the (U) rom doesnt not. Is there such a case? I dont care about the languagues,

Thanks [​IMG]

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Save files can usually be transfered between regions (if and when instant save comes along I would not suggest it though) but that is not the question.

If anything the Eu roms are the ones that may have issues working on a cart (sometimes saves are changed and other things happen between the US and Eu release), moreover Eu games are sometimes bigger (because of languages) than their US counterparts.
    On very rare occasions bugs get fixed (the only example that springs to mind is perfect dark on the N64).

Although a few rom verification techniques may throw a fit when you try you can store two different regions releases in one 7zip file and I would be inclined to bet it would still be smaller than a single regions zip file.

So reasons:
    1) You collect roms.
    2) You answer questions about them for people, example: does the Korean version of DBZ work on this cart? (I do not speak Korean or care about Dragon Ball Z but if I answered such questions it would not hurt to have it around)
    3)The reasons I listed above.