stefanvdl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everybody,

I'd like to show you my first tool for flashcard users: the Save Backup Tool (original name, isn't it
ohmy.gif
)
I made it as my first DOS project.
What it does: it scans a directory and its subdirectories for .sav files and generates a .7z file into a user specified folder.

UPDATE!!!
v2 is out! What's new:
- GUI, no more command-line
- *.0, *.1 and *.2 saves are now supported too!
Download:
Download V2

Advantages:
-Backup all saves with one click
-Compression of save files, example: 45 R4DS .sav files in one zip --> less than 250 kb, which is smaller than one .sav!!!

Disadvantages:
-Command-line --> hard to use for cmd noobs. If someone knows how to make a GUI around a DOS program, please share!

Usage:
Code:
SavBak.exe backupdir [savedir]
example:
SavBak F:\NDS_Backups\ H:\
^ This backups all .sav files on drive H:\ to a .7z in F:\NDS_Backups. If you don't insert a second parameter, the program will scan for .sav files in the same directory.

I've included an example autorun.inf you can use if you store it on your flash card.

Download v1 (340 kb)

Please tell me if you like my program or if you have any questions.

leonheart_a

Trophies
XP
Country
this would be a very useful tool, does it have to have a .sav extension or in future releases you would add other extensions? all in all very good tool!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice work, a right click and drag works for me.

Frontend: autoit can spit command line without issue (batchdpg is made with it). Syntax is somewhere between modern visual basic and C?.
A batch file works just as good though.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Wow, awesome! I've never had errors with my R4, so I never back up my saves, but I think I'll start doing it... wouldn't want to run into some trouble and replay through 30+ games. Thanks!

Riddance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
still gotta order me a card so can't use it now but it will come in handy in the near future
thanks

btw. I can create a GUI in VB6 if you want
you would need the GUI exe and an extra dll to make it work

stefanvdl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this would be a very useful tool, does it have to have a .sav extension or in future releases you would add other extensions? all in all very good tool!

Which extensions would you like me to add?

Nice work, a right click and drag works for me.

Frontend: autoit can spit command line without issue (batchdpg is made with it). Syntax is somewhere between modern visual basic and C?.
A batch file works just as good though.
Thanks for the comment, I think I'll take a look at AutoIt, doesn't look too complicated.

Stefan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Dragon Quest VIII was awesome on the 3DS although I prefer the PS2 version