Hacking .sav to .nds.sav corrupts saves

supersaiyajin900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just dl'ed r4 wood, and i used the batch that converts all the .savs to .nds.sav. but when i opened up diabolical box in wood, it said that the save file corrupted. i formatted, reinstalled wood, and manually renamed my diabolical box save to nds.sav. still corrupted. i then reformatted and used the same save on YSmenu, which was originally what i had. the save worked perfectly. i really want to use r4 wood, but not if it means losing all my saves. help?

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install YSMenu as an application inside of WoodR4, and when you need to continue a game you already have a save going with, Open YSMenu, then Open the rom. It's troublesome but if your saves are THAT important, thats my suggestion.

supersaiyajin900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but ive seen other people rename their saves and load their data without any troubles. im wondering whats wrong with my r4. is it because i used cheats?

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
supersaiyajin9000 said:
i just dl'ed r4 wood, and i used the batch that converts all the .savs to .nds.sav. but when i opened up diabolical box in wood, it said that the save file corrupted. i formatted, reinstalled wood, and manually renamed my diabolical box save to nds.sav. still corrupted. i then reformatted and used the same save on YSmenu, which was originally what i had. the save worked perfectly. i really want to use r4 wood, but not if it means losing all my saves. help?
My modified WoodR4 uses .sav instead of .nds.sav
I don't like extension converter...

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You say a 'batch file' corrupted them, I know that all mine dones is rename them. If it was mine you used, it would have backed the save files to directory in your "My Documents" folder before it renamed them.

You only mention the one game? what about others? I haven't checked, but it's always possible Wood uses a different size save file for that game.

supersaiyajin900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think it also deleted my ouendan save file when transferring. my heartgold save file came out fine though. and how are you supposed to upload a save? sorry, new.

supersaiyajin900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IVE FIGURED OUT WHAT WAS WRONG! for some reason, the DB save was 513kb which is different from all the other 512 saves. the 512s work just fine in transferring. anyone know how to fix this 513kb thing?

AcekardFan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
supersaiyajin9000 said:
IVE FIGURED OUT WHAT WAS WRONG! for some reason, the DB save was 513kb which is different from all the other 512 saves. the 512s work just fine in transferring. anyone know how to fix this 513kb thing?

For Changing nds.sav to sav i use my acekard 2i

supersaiyajin900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one more bump, then im giving it up and restarting a new save.
wink2.gif

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
supersaiyajin9000 said:
one more bump, then im giving it up and restarting a new save.
wink2.gif
You don't know when to give up, do you? Now I'm going to put this is caps so you remember it =P: THERE IS NO NEED TO NEEDLESSLY BUMP TOPICS, IF ANYONE KNOWS, THEY WILL ANSWER. Got all that? Ok, good. anyway just restart it, it's just a game after all, that's a lesson of piracy, you lost your save for pirating. =D. One time my stupid Mario Kart save file (on my legit retail card) got corrupt, you know why? Because I used an Action Replay, it was my punishment for cheating lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo