Sav detected in Touchpod but not Sakura

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Excellentnuke, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Excellentnuke
    OP

Excellentnuke GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 19, 2008
    United States
    On a boat
    I'm using Ryqib's (Sorry if I got the name wrong) translation patch, and it's worked flawlessly on Touchpod. I tried switching to Sakura to see if it works, but it looks like my save file is gone, even though I haven't touched anything on my memory card since I started.

Any idea about what's wrong? I think it has to do with the .sav created.

2. Matt140

Matt140 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2009
    England
    The latest touchpod release overcomes the saving/loading issues encountered with HG/SS (which is an anti-piracy protection). However, Sakura hasn't yet recieved an update to include these fixes (expect an update soon though).

3. Excellentnuke
    OP

May 19, 2008
    United States
    On a boat
    Would using the Asian release of Sakura fix this? I'm tired of how long it takes to load SS in Touchpod ><

EDIT: Nvm, my save file still isn't detected, but Sakura knows it's there. I don't think it can read the .sav file >

4. RevLTD

RevLTD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2008
    United States
  5. Excellentnuke
    OP

May 19, 2008
    United States
    On a boat
    I tried this already. Doesn't work for me. The problem isn't that the game doesn't save. Rather, the problem is that Sakura seems to be having trouble READING my .sav.

6. RevLTD

RevLTD Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2008
    United States
    I think it is just a firmware bug in Sakura itself. It happens to me also. I wouldn't worry about it until another version of Sakura pops up.

7. Excellentnuke
    OP

May 19, 2008
    United States
    On a boat
    Dammit. I hate the horrendously high loading times for Touchpod... Oh well, guess I'll have to deal with it 'till the next English release of Sakura pops up.

8. Kikoshi

Kikoshi GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2006
    Cuba
    Im not sure if anyone here is understanding you but i do, When i try to load the pokemon game on touchpod and save, I load the same game again in Sakura, and it doesn't detect the save file that touchpod made ( Been that both of the Loaders, are the same thing ) Wtf?

9. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    because Sakura doesn't support the game yet...wait for the next update