Saturn on PS4 Saturn-FPKG

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
interesting. didn't know cotton used a saturn emulator as the game was on the ps1 as well. however, there's some sort of remake for it that I was going to buy on the switch. I forgot the full title though.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
interesting. didn't know cotton used a saturn emulator as the game was on the ps1 as well. however, there's some sort of remake for it that I was going to buy on the switch. I forgot the full title though.

Speaking of Switch, this same game was available on Switch several months ago and they've been using the emulator on it already. Most games work although I'm not sure if they ever figured out multi disc games. Might be exact same compatibility on both Switch and PS4 but I'm not sure about that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of Switch, this same game was available on Switch several months ago and they've been using the emulator on it already. Most games work although I'm not sure if they ever figured out multi disc games. Might be exact same compatibility on both Switch and PS4 but I'm not sure about that.
I remember that, because I was wanting to get that game and some other shmup, since I'm a fan of the genre. shmups can be hard as fuck, but good visuals and music.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is this concerning? you have me intrigued, but I don't want to open my pm to anyone I don't know. I got trolled a while back, so I closed my pm's to all but friends. for some reason, staff didn't do anything about it, told me to put the person on my ignore list, but what they didn't realize is that people on your ignore list can still pm you.

Yerqz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is this concerning? you have me intrigued, but I don't want to open my pm to anyone I don't know. I got trolled a while back, so I closed my pm's to all but friends. for some reason, staff didn't do anything about it, told me to put the person on my ignore list, but what they didn't realize is that people on your ignore list can still pm you.
Oh its nothing crazy its just asking a question about what ps4 too get. You dont have to open them if you dont want

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't really matter as almost all in the wild are exploitable (minus those on 9.03). I have a phat, and I kept it since it's a limited edition model, and it's on 5.05. ps pro and slim are probably better, but I've heard the pro can run pretty hot. also, both have been discontinued in the US, Japan, and possibly Europe, so chances are you'll only be able to find phats new.

Yerqz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't really matter as almost all in the wild are exploitable (minus those on 9.03). I have a phat, and I kept it since it's a limited edition model, and it's on 5.05. ps pro and slim are probably better, but I've heard the pro can run pretty hot. also, both have been discontinued in the US, Japan, and possibly Europe, so chances are you'll only be able to find phats new.
Alright do you think its worth it to get one on 9.00 and one on 5.05?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.00 probably. I'm sure people will be asking more for 5.05, which might not be worth it. 9.00 is pretty damn stable according to a lot of people.

Yerqz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.00 probably. I'm sure people will be asking more for 5.05, which might not be worth it. 9.00 is pretty damn stable according to a lot of people.
Alright thanks and last question do you think 9.00 will be on 5.05 level anytime soon with payloads etc?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably, the only disadvantage being that you have to use a usb stick while you don't on 5.05. people have managed to automate the process with a raspberry pi iirc. I have one, new in box, that I might be selling. it comes with everything.

Yerqz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably, the only disadvantage being that you have to use a usb stick while you don't on 5.05. people have managed to automate the process with a raspberry pi iirc. I have one, new in box, that I might be selling. it comes with everything.
Ok okay so you would never update? And thank you for your time

Reactions: godreborn

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two PS4s on lower firmwares still but considering updating to 9.0 because backports are happening kinda slow. There's no simple backport tool on 9.0 and all of the backports are complicated so it takes the best like opoisso or cyber to backport games not many others can do it, so it could be months before all games are backported or even longer than that.

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multi-disc games work just fine on the Switch. The only issue is making a single NSP out of 2+ discs. The way it works is that you create Disc 1 NSP with a specific ID, then create discs 2/3/4 etc with the SAME ID. Then when you finish disc 1, uninstall it, then install disc 2, etc. They only issue is combining them into a single NSP. If you are using the inject method, multi-disc will work fine as you can swap the 3 titles from the base game, with lets say, Policenauts, which is 3 discs. Not sure about saving using the inject method though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free