Homebrew Saturn EMU on wii.

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to get a saturn emulator to work so I can play Guardian Heroes but non of them work well on my comp which is a mac booted into windows 7...

Is there a good reliable Saturn Emu for the wii? Please PM me links to tutorials and etc..and if it actually runs well.

Thanks.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
1. Have you used Google? It's your friend.
2. Saturn is very hard to emulate properly, so you most likely won't find one that works well on your Wii.
3. Why the hell would we PM you the links? It's pretty selfish on two levels. First would be asking the members of GBAtemp to deliver the info to you and only you, which brings me to the second point. PMing it to you would mean that no one else but you will benefit from this thread if any information is found or given.

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
1. Have you used Google? It's your friend.
2. Saturn is very hard to emulate properly, so you most likely won't find one that works well on your Wii.
3. Why the hell would we PM you the links? It's pretty selfish on two levels. First would be asking the members of GBAtemp to deliver the info to you and only you, which brings me to the second point. PMing it to you would mean that no one else but you will benefit from this thread if any information is found or given.

1. What is google? I will yahoo it.

2. You prob are right but that is why I am asking on here rather then "googling" it. I always want to see what experiences people I trust had with it. This sight has never steered me wrong.

3. Usually outside links are not to be posted on Message Boards sot that is why. But yes of course selfish fine whatever lol.

@xflax, thanks man. I did see that but I really was asking mainly what people's experiences are with it as I know Saturn emu has problems.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Last time I checked Yabause really wasn't worth the effort! They are still updating it though so If you can be bothered try it out and please report back! I gave up on Yabause a while back but things MAY have changed!

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
>.> Who the fuck uses anything besides Google these days.
nobody

ontopic: at the time... you cant play saturns games on your wii
sleep.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
vodoochild81 said:
3. Usually outside links are not to be posted on Message Boards sot that is why. But yes of course selfish fine whatever lol.
For someone who is registered here for years, this statement puzzles me. It's true we're not very fond of links to external tutorials (mostly because they're usually crap tutorials, linked to by people who managed to get into problems using them) and links to warez sites are prohibited, but other than that, all links are allowed (have you even checked a sticky? It usually has external links from here to Tokio).

BTW...roughly this same policy goes for the dozen or so other forums I visit. I know these are different ones from the message boards you visit, but it's in no way a general rule.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Only decent Saturn emulator are for the PC platform, I don't see this changing until a very long time...

Reason for this is that ONLY portable project is Yabause but I wouldn't put high hopes in it if I were you, it got ported everytime a new platform is opened to homebrew but this never go further than proof of concept (and let's say useless) ports because 1) yabause has not very good compatibility and not very mature in the first place 2) saturn hardware is much more complex than let's say N64/PSX/DC and requires much more CPU to be emulated decently

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
i wouldn't get my hopes up with playing Saturn playable games on the wii anytime in the future.

or the ps3 too, it is such a shame the way the ps3 scene is going atm and also the wii can play ps1 games to a certain extent, why not saturn games? they are graphically the same it doesn't make sense and look how powerful the ps3 is, it's ridiculous tbh.

QUOTE(Jacobeian @ May 8 2011, 02:45 PM) Only decent Saturn emulator are for the PC platform, I don't see this changing until a very long time...

Reason for this is that ONLY portable project is Yabause but I wouldn't put high hopes in it if I were you, it got ported everytime a new platform is opened to homebrew but this never go further than proof of concept (and let's say useless) ports because 1) yabause has not very good compatibility and not very mature in the first place 2) saturn hardware is much more complex than let's say N64/PSX/DC and requires much more CPU to be emulated decently

even the saturn emulators on the pc don't run well and require a graphics card! scandalous!

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
>.> Who the fuck uses anything besides Google these days.

Who doesn't understand dry sarcasm these days?

Thanks for everyones comments. I guess I will just wait till Guardian Heroes gets released on the XBLA/PSN circuit. I think the reason why Saturn is hard to emulate is because they had a very weird processor architecture that is way unlike anything else. Not that its better or more advanced, just way complex thus hard to emulate. Idk though. I see kids playing them fine though on youtube videos yet I can not get it to run.

Yu-Gi-Oh 100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"or the ps3 too, it is such a shame the way the ps3 scene is going atm and also the wii can play ps1 games to a certain extent, why not saturn games? they are graphically the same it doesn't make sense and look how powerful the ps3 is, it's ridiculous tbh."

if you knew anything about the saturn you would see how ridiculous your comment is, and the reason is it will never happen is that unlike the playstation the saturn has 2 separate processors that's why it's so damn hard to emulate.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yu-Gi-Oh 100 said:
"or the ps3 too, it is such a shame the way the ps3 scene is going atm and also the wii can play ps1 games to a certain extent, why not saturn games? they are graphically the same it doesn't make sense and look how powerful the ps3 is, it's ridiculous tbh."

if you knew anything about the saturn you would see how ridiculous your comment is, and the reason is it will never happen is that unlike the playstation the saturn has 2 separate processors that's why it's so damn hard to emulate.

didn't it have 3? 2 for the graphic side of things and one for audio? but yeah saturn emulation is a pain in the arse, the only emu i have seen that does it any justice is ssf on the pc and that isnt open source

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emmanu888 said:
even yabause don't run decent on my pc and i have a beast of a computer ! ssf is better run pretty well on my pc !

Can you play guardian heroes no problem?

Do u know a good tutorial on how to set up SSF? I get stuck in a menu telling me to pick a language and I keep pressing enter for ENGLISH and there is just no key for it. LIke its not frozen as I can move the cursor around...

What kind of controller do u use with SSF?

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you confugured the controls for ssf? by the sounds of it you are pressing the wrong button for start. and the best controller to use with ssf, a saturn usb pad really

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clarky said:
have you confugured the controls for ssf? by the sounds of it you are pressing the wrong button for start. and the best controller to use with ssf, a saturn usb pad really

Can't you just use a keyboard? Where do u configure the controls? What about a xbox 360 controller via the USB? Won't it recognize any controller?

Where did you put the bios's? Do you mount the image via Daemon tools? The iso i downloaded is in .mdf format. It mounts fine but is that a problem?

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. yes you can use a keyboard, you should check what you have set up as start though

2.it is in the options somewhere, as i am at work right now i cant actually fire up the emulator and tell you

3.yes i believe you can set up a xbox pad to be used with ssf but yet again you need to get to the options to configure it

4.the bios i have let in the main folder of the emu, yet again you need to get to the options and show the emulator where you have stored the bios though

5. you can mount images through deamon tools yes and it will run, but you do have to tell the emu which cd drive you plan to use (in your case the virtual disc drive)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM